Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

HP CM4730 not printing

Got a weird one. The above printer will print everything but .jpg files. I know the device supports printing .jpg files. When the file is sent to the printer to print, it shows up in the que, says printing, then removes from the que like it was successful. However the machine never prints the photo.

You can send a word file, excel, etc to it and will print w/o problems. It is running the CM4730 driver, so not using a UPD.

I am having the users power cycle the device in hopes that it might help but if not any other suggestions??

ctborder
    Does this happen with all computers that are in the network (if applicable), or with only one machine? CLJ 2840s had a similar problem printing .pdf, going to the UPD was the only solution that worked.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    It was happening with more than one computer from what I gathered. It has been resolved though. The print server was low in virtual memory and they had not rebooted the printer yet. So the IT resolved the issue with the print server being low on virtual memory and also power cycled the printer. After doing these they tried to print it again and it worked w/o problems. So not really sure which on fixed the issue lol.