Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

HP LaserJet 3005 error 13.20.00

I was sent out on this one when a tech before me was dispatched to it for some noise. He removed the fuser and re-installed it and this error code appeared. The customer was really pissed because at least they could use it before. I am not sure if it was something he did or just coincidence. This code appears as soon as it is done intializing. Any one seen this before.

I also got another one with a memory error. I am assuming a new formatter, I already tried to swap memory without success.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    HP LaserJet 3005 error 13.20.00

The 13.20 is a general paper jam so it can be anywhere. However, usually it is fuser or output bin related. Did your tech plug in the 3 cables for the fuser? One of them goes to the delivery asm (output asm). Have him disconnect them and reconnect them. Then make sure all the sensors are unblocked. Although the formatter sometimes is the problem, it isn't always the formatter. On the P3005 when it's the formatter, you would more likely see 49 & 68 errors or the printer would lock up. Paper jam errors are more common in the P2015 for formatter issues. If it was me, I would bring a fuser and a formatter out with me. That way I'd save myself an additional trip. I would check the cables first, then the fuser, and finally the formatter. It may be something stuck in a sensor too. Hope this helps you.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

Quote Originally Posted by prntrfxr View Post
    The 13.20 is a general paper jam so it can be anywhere. However, usually it is fuser or output bin related. Did your tech plug in the 3 cables for the fuser? One of them goes to the delivery asm (output asm). Have him disconnect them and reconnect them. Then make sure all the sensors are unblocked. Although the formatter sometimes is the problem, it isn't always the formatter. On the P3005 when it's the formatter, you would more likely see 49 & 68 errors or the printer would lock up. Paper jam errors are more common in the P2015 for formatter issues. If it was me, I would bring a fuser and a formatter out with me. That way I'd save myself an additional trip. I would check the cables first, then the fuser, and finally the formatter. It may be something stuck in a sensor too. Hope this helps you.
    I agree...If it comes up with error on power up then it has to be a stuck sensor flag or obstructed sensor...Anywhere along paper path...Good luk....