Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: how do you input serial number

The manual method you can use a parallel cable if you are still in msdos edit. if you save the file in your documents folder you will need to send the file using the lpr command I gave above in earlier post. what a pain.

joanmanuel76

This method did not work for me in HP LJ 1200 with WinXP SP3 and parallel cable on LPT1, actually the printer print a page with the lines in serial.txt...

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by joanmanuel76 View Post
    This method did not work for me in HP LJ 1200 with WinXP SP3 and parallel cable on LPT1, actually the printer print a page with the lines in serial.txt...
    The hard part is the first character the escape character. Were you able to do that one? I dont recall how i did it but is in a post here about one or two back. You must use an edit screen program to do it. And you must actually see the escspe character print out the arrow on your edit screen. Once it does then type in the rest of the code as shown in one of these posts. If the escape character does not print, the rest of the code
    will just come out of printer as text. Let me know how you do

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

when I went to the search bar here on this site and typed in the word change serial number My original post came up. Also you will notice it says it has 3 attachments. download the first attachment say serial.txt. copy and paste it into an editor like msdos or similar or even try microsoft word. do nothing else top it except fill in the serial number and meter reading you want then send it to your printer using a print driver for your machine in this case hp1200. so pull up file/print then select your printer and press print the file should change your machine serial and count. may have to reboot first beofre you print out config page. If this doesnt work send me your serial number and meter count you want and I will send you back a program that will only input that serial and meter reading you have supplied me. My program I have built after all these problems I needed an easier way to do this. So with my program, it uses windows. It will install into your program file directory, you then open it up select your printer cause if you dont someone else's printer will end up with your serial and count. once your printer is selected just press the change button then reboot your printer and your done. The program is a graphical user interface in which I have entered the values for you. As I dont want my program circulating over the internet. For a paid version I would send you the program which all you have to do is install it on your windows computer, enter the serial and the count, drop down menu, to search for the printer you want to change,(it pulls up your printers list on your computer for you to select one) press the button to change and your done. It works ok for most most machines except the hp2015 in which you might have to change the board to a newer version I am told. The Hp's with usage count it changes usage.
    I have not done anymore work on the project since 2011. If I see a need for this I will update it and market it. This is very helpfull as you can now use used boards from another machine or even repaired boards you can change the serial number on. Since this is using Printer Job language it might even work on a copier. I have not tried it on one but it's possible it might.
    I would prefer that you try to download the serial.txt file and try that first, as I dont have a lot of time to create personal programs with individual meter counts in them. as sure as I do one everyone else will want one. You know how it goes. You will need to PM me at last resort if you cant get it to work.
    All others plan to pay for this. It took me a lot of time and headaches to come up with this.