Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

HP 3600 keeps calibrating

machine comes ready then immediately goes into calibration and never quits. Berst I could get from the events are 54.0f 1,2,3. This is a brand new machine out of warranty, 18 prints total on it. I tried three different set of carts in it. One brand new set. all show genuine on screen. Cleaned all the drum contacts. tried all the boards with one exception. I might not have tried an dc controller long enough to get a result as I was in a hurry to get done as I had 1 1/2 hour drive to go. No excuse. I thought maybe I gave it enough time to calibrate but then again maybe not. I got the boards from an identical machine there at customers office. It lays down the patches ok but never makes a decision to come ready. I changed the ETB as well. I am not so sure it has something to do with the etb wiring back to the dc controller. I also checked the connector pcb from the ETB to the dc controller. what the heck is going on? Do you think it is the dc controller?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

See my attachment. I haven't had this question in a while. If anyone knows anything other that what I have on this service note let me know, please, so I can update it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts bilyahn's Avatar
    Seems like this is a very problematic machine series? With very expensive fixes always starting with the ETB? I have only seen a few of these so would like to know if it should be recommended to our customers or tell them to stay FAR FAR away??? Is there a reasonably priced HP color laserjet out there that is reliable or do we need to look at other sources? Thanks to prntrfxr for all of the great information.

Bil

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Thanks for the help will try your info. The printer is just sitting here waiting for me, school is out, so I am not pressured, which is a good thing.
    I will try and get to it today.

Bemfactor7

Thumbs up HP Color Laserjet 3600n Calibration Problem

Thank you OP for that Service List. Step number one stopped the calibration "loop" and I am able to print again with no problems!

moloco

Re: HP 3600 keeps calibrating

Thanks PrinterFixer! It worked for me too!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

You are both welcome. That's what we're here for, so just pass the help on.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Just to let folks know I gave up on this thing. sure the bypass thing works but it isn't a fix. I tried firmware. I changed the belt the controller the hv board all cartridges as I had an identical machine to pull parts from. Nothing resolved it. leads me to believe it is either a connection problem or sensor problem and even a laser problem. my bets are on laser. I did not try and swap lasers or even swap internally the two lasers. I did have the laser unit out,cleaned and inspected. I had one the other day do the same thing so the customer said. I took it back to the shop and it kept running for about 5 minutes then cleared up.