Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Help! HP CLJ CM2320nf MFP problem

Got a call on this machine that would not complete boot up. I checked the machine and after running an engine test it started booting up. Ran test prints with no problem ran internal prints ran copies, then customer said they had been having problem with fax saying memory full when faxing. Tried faxing and while scanning the machine shut off and rebooted. Brought the machine to my shop and checked everything seems to work fine until you try to send a fax sometimes it give memory full message, but mostly it shuts off and reboots. Would this be one of those formatter problems that can be repaired by baking the board? Thanks for any input on this, Im not very familiar with these machines.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Help! HP CLJ CM2320nf MFP problem

I haven't heard or seen anything about formatter issues with this machine. However, this is a formatter related problem. So let's begin with what we can do to determine the problem.

Print the event log (print from 2ndary service menu) so that you have all errors, menu map, and the configuration page (put these in a safe place).

Go to Service menu and the Fax Service menu. Clear the faxes from memory.

The service manual mentions doing an NVRAM init at this point, which is why I suggested printing all the information above as important stuff like IP addresses get erased.

To perform NVRAM init: With the power off press and hold right arrow and cancel button (X), while powering up. Release the buttons when you see, Permanent Storage Init. When finished it goes to ready.

If you still have a problem, make sure you have the latest firmware upgrade.

If you still have a problem after that replace the formatter (you may want to try the bake in the oven technique at this point because you spend only time, then again it may just be easier to replace it)
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Thanks prntrfxr. NVRAM init took care of it. It locked up the first time, but I shut it off and did it again and the machine is working. Thank you.