Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

LJ P4515 maint count...

I encountered this one where I am not able to reset the maint count... I tried thru the service menu and also no luck... Was told that there was something about some of these needing to have a Firmware uograde because some came out without that option.... Anyone kno wabout thi sone???.. Thanks..

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    LJ P4515 maint count...

i never heard of that one, but I'll be the first to tell you I don't know everything. Of course, this printer has been out long enough to just begin seeing problems on them. Try the basic stuff first such as cold reset. Try again to go into service mode and set maintenance count to zero. Make sure you save it by pressing the green check button after the count has been changed (if you forget this step it will not be saved). Yes firmware should be updated. If it has any EIO cards or other optional equipment, remove them before resetting the counts. Please reply to this post with what you find out either way.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".