The history of this case can be found at this thread: Need someone with a C7780C Designjet 800PS to load an ISS for me

I'm still not giving up on this machine :-)

I need either 1) someone that is parting out a C7780C (has to be that exact model) with a good ISS or electronics module that wants to sell either item or 2) someone that owns a working C7780C that would work with me to get an ISS with the proper info into it - has to be a C7780C and I would buy a brand new ISS from HP and ship it to them. They remove their right cover, take their ISS out and install the new one and when the prompt comes up they tell it the ISS was replaced so their info is backed up into the new ISS. From that point they could remove the new one and put their old one in, or leave the new one in their machine and close it up. Whichever unit is left out will have the same model info in EEROM and could be shipped to me. I could then install the unit when it arrives, tell the prompt that the electronics module was installed (even though the ISS was installed) and the ISS EEROM info would be loaded to my present electronics module - then I could set my serial and usage from the service menu. I'd be paying shipping to and from and would even be willing to pay a reasonable fee for the time to do the loading.

So if anyone in the US (or Canada if customs won't be a pain in the butt) has a working C7780C 800PS plotter that has either part for sale from one they are tearing apart, or has the skills with the plotter to do what I need then please email me (rhb57 -at- windstream.net) so we can work something out. Alternately if anyone with a working C7780C within a couple hundred miles of me here south of Louisville, KY would allow me to come to their location and do so I can do that as well. None of my customers has a C7780C so I am unable to do it myself otherwise it would be done already. I hate to have to part this machine out, it has very little use and has been very well cared for and would be so usable for our shop.