Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts verderacer's Avatar

9000mfp getting 13.12.02 and 0C errors...

Have a customer with a 9000mfp that is getting 13.12.02 & 0C phantom jams.

When the jam occurs display says to open the left side; move the finisher and open the door to the duplexer/fuser area, close the door and move back the finisher and the job then continues. The jam occurs between 1 and 20 to 1 in 500 pages. I got the jam to occur only twice, the .02 and a .0C jam. I could not find any paper from the fuser exit, duplexer and in the finisher except in the tray where it belongs.

Did blow out a ton of dust and other debris. What I would like to know is where is the sensor(s) that throw this error. Any ideas?
    Ricoh & Microsoft may pay the bills but Un*x saves my ass every day.
    MCSE/CCNE/ENS and other crap...

Check the feed/separation rolls and replace as necessary. 99% of the time that will fix the jam message. Paper does not hit the sensor so machine declares a jam.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $11.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from The Internet's largest collection of manuals

Paul@justmanuals.com

Quote Originally Posted by fpi_2000 View Post
    Check the feed/separation rolls and replace as necessary. 99% of the time that will fix the jam message. Paper does not hit the sensor so machine declares a jam.
    I did look at the pu, feed and sep rollers. They still have a fair amount of tread on them and the 350k pm is still 100k out. I did swap out t3 and t2 rollers and thats when the 0C jam occurred about 80pgs in on a paper feed test.

Quote Originally Posted by manuals4you View Post
    This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $11.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from The Internet's largest collection of manuals
    Paul, Paul, Paul, I am pretty sure my post says nothing about needing a manual... FYI, I have the manual...

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    I'd start with the feed rollers anyway. 250k on hp rollers is asking for trouble. Especially since you did not find any paper in the paper path.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mo0651 View Post
    I'd start with the feed rollers anyway. 250k on hp rollers is asking for trouble. Especially since you did not find any paper in the paper path.
    Agreed. Wear is a nice easy indicator, but it's not the only thing that can happen to feed tires. The surface of the rubber can dry out just from age alone. Have you ever seen the neoprene ADF rollers get mushy as a result of absorbing various cleaners? They get like chewed bubble gum, just as a result of age and cleaners. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Just do a maintenance kit. On those machines it won't take long to rack up the 100K and you may as well change it out then have to come back and do the rest of it. These machines get a good amount of paper dust build up as well.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Agreed. Wear is a nice easy indicator, but it's not the only thing that can happen to feed tires. The surface of the rubber can dry out just from age alone. Have you ever seen the neoprene ADF rollers get mushy as a result of absorbing various cleaners? They get like chewed bubble gum, just as a result of age and cleaners. =^..^=

I ordered a complete set of rollers for all the feed stations the other day and we will what happens. The rollers actually look pretty decent and still and have tread on them.

Quote Originally Posted by prntrfxr View Post
    Just do a maintenance kit. On those machines it won't take long to rack up the 100K and you may as well change it out then have to come back and do the rest of it. These machines get a good amount of paper dust build up as well.
    I wish I could just order a main kit but I work for iKoN... They watch what we spend on parts. The fuser is in excellent shape anyhow.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

You have my sympathy. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

It could be a faulty PIU or DC controller, but check all the easy stuff like the rollers and such first.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".