Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts verderacer's Avatar

How to print DeskJet configuration pages

I hate having to deal with this but my manager asked me to get all the meters from group of deskjets. I try every button combination I can think of but cant seem to find the right sequence to get the configuration page which shows the meter count. They range from 2 button to 4 button including the power button. I have tried the user and technical manuals, if they exist, and have had no luck there.

The deskjet I am dealing with are:

990c
    820c
    810c
    970c
    995c

Does anybody have a cheat sheet or some kind of chart with the button sequence to get the meter page?
    Ricoh & Microsoft may pay the bills but Un*x saves my ass every day.
    MCSE/CCNE/ENS and other crap...

OMD-227
    I know on some of these, it was the paper feed button being held down for a few seconds would print the config page. Its been a very long time though... my memory on these is faint, but it was definitely a button being held down until it started printing.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    How to print DeskJet configuration pages

Deskjet S750 Service Modes.JPG

I've attached the method to access Test Patterns on the S750, as an example. I've been told that it becomes second nature, and can be done with one hand. Personally, I find it a bit confusing, but it does work. Maybe I just need more practice.

I doubt that there is a universal menu across all these different models. My best advice is to get the manuals. (I ought to record that as background music: "get the manuals, get the manuals, get the manuals ... ).
    =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

OMD-227
    I've just looked this info up (its actually listed on the HP website). Oh, I was close with my first post......

HP Deskjets have 2 test pages..... A Demo test page & a Hardware test page. The demo page is the color self-test print, and the Hardware test page lists the firmware version, page counters, options fitted, service ID, production date etc etc.....

Demo page.... press and hold the RESUME or Paper Feed button for approx 5 seconds until it starts the test page.
    Hardware page.... press & hold the power button, press the resume or paper feed button 4 times, then release the power button.

Some of the newer models have the HP Toolbox software installed on the PC's its connected to, as part of the drivers. The option to print these pages are listed under the 'printer services' tab.