Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    dawood

Smile HP 5550:- Download File now RFU load Error Resend RFU over Parallel Port

Hi every one,

please help me out in this issue.

we have hp 5550 mfp color printer, i have got this error (Download File now RFU load Error Resend RFU over Parallel Port) on the display screen, i don't have any parallel port on the printer to load this RFU file through LPT1. since i have USB port i try that way through the network printer but the issue is not solved yet.

can some one help me in this issue to solve this problem pls.....

awaiting for your reply.

Regards
    Dawood

OMD-227
    The machine does have a parallel port.... its a mini-parallel port. Its not the standard old-school type parallel port. You will need that cable to perform this firmware upgrade/repair.

The error message you have is a firmware error. Either the wrong firmware file was sent to the machine or the firmware file is corrupted on the engine. Firmware on a HP engine usually gets performed via the parallel port (even though it may have a NIC or USB).

I'd remove any options fitted to the machine, such as extra trays, duplex units or output trays, the resend the correct firmware file to the machine. Full details on this are usually on the HP website. Its quite straight-forward.