Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 250+ Posts landspeeder's Avatar

HP LJ 4015 drawer problemo

A client...has a 4 drawer LJ 4015 ...number 3 is not feeding paper at all..doesnt make any noise etc. ...if I switch the whole drawer and tray assembly so 4 is 3 and 3 is 4 the problem goes to 4 which means that something in there is bad....up here in Canada that assembly is around $350.00 bones and at TSA down there its $300. which means since its a contract printer no Christmas bonus for me ...Ive had the cover off and looked at the gears etc but I cant see anything wrong..any ideas...any used ones....?

Thanks
    You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.... and
    if this was an easy thing to do then everybody would be doing it! But it isn't and they are not!!

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $11.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from The Internet's largest collection of manuals

Paul@justmanuals.com

Its not something thats going to be in a service manual..its going to be experience...but thanks for the idea....
    You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.... and
    if this was an easy thing to do then everybody would be doing it! But it isn't and they are not!!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Does it recognize the tray? Correct paper size on config page? Does it attempt 2 feed?

doesnt try to feed and when I switched the complete assembly to be tray 4 it didnt work either. So since the problem followed the tray its got to be that and the feed assembly is not parted. This means $350. my cost

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts

Silly question, but have you tried just changing the cassettes over without changing the whole sheet feeder?

Seeing as you have more than one working tray, I would be swapping parts from a working sheet feeder in to the one that isn't working correctly until I found the offending part. There isn't much in them so it doesn't take long at all to try different parts.
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.

No thats a good question...I did change the drawers but it made no difference...I was hopin...so all in all its looks like a whole assembly...any body have a used one?