Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Kato

Laserjet M3027 Administration Function

I am unable to access any administration functions as the "Administration" screen does not show on the display. I am unable to print any config/menu pages or carry out any resets or set-ups. The printer has been in storage for a year, but has no obvious damage.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

When you power it on, does it go to ready?
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

Kato
    Yes - displays Ready. 3 other menu headings on screen, but no "Administration".

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

you have to go to the service menu and enter the pin code to get to administration.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

Kato
    Thanks. The Service menu is a sub menu under the Administration tab (which I am unable to access). Is there some other method of accessing the Service menu?

Kato
    Hi Prntrfxr, Thanks for your time and help. I have just been in touch with an ex HP tech who advised me to replace the hard drive. Just done this and have full access to all menus, so am up and running. Don't understand how I still had print/copy/fax functions in this condition, but after 36 years in the business I should be used to being confused!!

Thanks again.