Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 250+ Posts

cm6040 mfp blooming logo

We have two of these peices of crap. oth stop at 6/6 with B lit, won't go to C. ordered 2 new formatters and they both get to that point and come up with a 49.4c02 error. Can't do firmware updates because they never get to the ready state. Tried disconnecting accesories, hard drives, Nic board, always does the same..anyone seen this.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    cm6040 mfp blooming logo

This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $11.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from The Internet's largest collection of manuals

Paul@justmanuals.com

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    cm6040 mfp blooming logo

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

It's not doing this when scanning, it does it when booting up. I have another formatter on order, we'll see what that does. I can't flash the firmware since it never makes it to the ready state.

Quote Originally Posted by ucinn View Post
    It's not doing this when scanning, it does it when booting up. I have another formatter on order, we'll see what that does. I can't flash the firmware since it never makes it to the ready state.
    Got the new formatter in and that took care of it. They sent me a bad formatter the first time, so they are getting 2 back under warranty. After working on these hps, it seems like the machine isn't bad, but their circuit boards and fusers are horrible.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    cm6040 mfp blooming logo

It does seem to be the problem with the new model machines. The formatters are weak, even the new OEM's.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".