Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    CM2320MFP with 9mm lines from each drum unit on page

1st. Make sure the printer is plugged directly into the outlet not a surge protector. Try a different outlet. To me, this looks like a Firmware/Formatter issue. Make sure you update the firmware. Then I would try a formatter if the other doesn't fix your problem.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

Technician
    It is plugged directly in the outlet. It's in a production environment, and they do have power issues at times. It's a DVD production and packing facility with lots of automated equipment. In fact, one of the production engineers was telling me how some of his equipment was doing crazy things. It's a very small office and I'll see if there is another outlet in there. Is there a way to flash the firmware or is that something I need to order. I know with our copiers I can go to our site and download our firmware. I don't have a service manual for this machine so if you have part numbers for both I would appreciate it. Thanks again and I'll keep you informed on what I find out.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    CM2320MFP with 9mm lines from each drum unit on page

The newer HP printers are very power sensitive, so this could definitely have something to do with it.

Yes, you can go to HP® - Laptops, Desktops, Printers, Servers and more and download the firmware upgrade. Make sure you get the right one, and read the read me file and follow it exactly or you'll have problems. I think firmware is embedded on that machine, but I could be wrong. CC399-67901 is the part number for the formatter.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

Technician
    Thanks again and I'll post what I find.

Service Manager 250+ Posts
    I had an HP color, differe3nt model doing something similar. They told me to replace the HV also to no avail. It ended up being the txfer belt assy. Don't know why, but that took care of it.

Technician
    Interesting. I'll give that a closer look.

Technician
    Well I updated the firmware and also replaced the formatter and that seemed to take care of the problem. I went ahead and got a transfer belt just in case. So far so good! Thanks again guys!