Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: HP-4345

HP-4345

When webbing into this machine under the fax tab there is only 5 other tabs. Log into same model different machine they get 11 tabs under fax options. Updated the firmware this morning. Taking the flash card to different machine in morning to see if problem follows card. Any other suggestions would be helpfull! Thanks for looking!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    HP-4345

Are you sure it's the exact model?

The 4345mfp is different from the M4345mfp.

Additionally the letters after the model determine the different options installed:

4345mfp
    4345x mfp
    4345xs mfp
    4345xm mfp

See the attached link for more info.http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/pscmi...dfs/415204.pdf

Once you determine that you need to find the HP LaserJet Analog Fax
    Accessory 300 Service Manual. Troubleshooting info for the fax functions are not listed in the service manual. Additionally, there is software to enable a machine to fax digitally. I'm not familiar with the changes this software makes to the printer menus, but it may make changes or add additional menus.

I hope this at least points you in a direction to proceed. Please post what you actually find out as I would be interested in what causes these differences. Maybe someone else has had this problem and can post something more.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

factory reset, nvram init, and hard drive init. After rebuilding the config manually the missing menus are available. The machine seems to be responding quicker overall in the menus.
    This is what customer in IT department did to get it working.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts d7guitar's Avatar

Re: HP-4345

Had same problem but i was able to get my web server to show up correctly by doing a cold reset, then factory reset, then reboot.
    Have a great day
    After all is said and done, More is said than done.