Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: HP CM6040

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

HP CM6040

Hey guys need a little help. I have a CM6040 that I am looking into. This has happened 2 times in the last 2 weeks. The image/print is getting shifted around.

User had printed a picture and every other line was shifted to the right. When I printed an internal print (see attachment) it was also shifted, looks like to the right but is alot harder to tell.

On both instances a simple reboot has resolved the issue but I am afraid its really only a temporary fix and will become worse. I plan to do a firmware upgrade later today but wont really know if that will fix it as its not a constant problem. It currently has 20100916 52.100.4 and I noticed today there was a new one out for 20101206.

To me it seems logic related so was thinking maybe formatter? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for you help.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    HP CM6040

I would work in this sequence:

1. Print configuration page or note IP address and network settings
    2. Perform Cold Reset
    3. Perform NVRAM reset (see attachment)
    4. Upgrade firmware
    5. Replace formatter

Oh and make sure the printer is plugged directly into the outlet not into a surge protector or power strip. Power fluctuations can cause these issues. Boot printer up without network cables or USB connected.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

whulfcastle
    Hi Tommy

Was problem fixed? We are currently experiencing the exact same issue with a CM6040 and I dont really know where to start.

Thanks.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    I come to find out the customer was losing its network connection to the printer from time to time. They were thinking it was to do with the router so they upgraded the firmware on the router and I upgraded the firmware on the printer. I have not seen this problem since we did that.

I believe the FW upgrade resolved my issue on this b/c my problem was happening with internal prints as well so do not believe it was network related. I would try the firmware and as printerfixer suggested cold reset, nvram, prior to replacing formatter.

Is your problem more consistent??

whulfcastle
    The firmware has been upgraded to the newest version. The guys at HP advised on a cold reset as well, but this the last thing we want to do.
    We also innitially suspected it might be a network issue, but discovered that it happens even on scans /copies.

Its proplem is occuring every 2 weeks or so.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Was the firmware upgraded after this problem started? If not you can try to resend it to the device maybe. Next thing would be cold reset, just copy all your settings, and export your address books, speed dials via web interface to minimize the data you could lose.

marmalizer

Re: HP CM6040

Thanks for the info on nvram reset

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: HP CM6040

Hi All, i have faced this image shifted issued few days ago, i resolve it by Off/On machine with network cable unplug.

i just suspect this could be the formatter problem that it could not generate the image internally.

i don't know this could last so long as i'm still monitoring whether the issued happen again.

thanks for all the sharing and guide here.