Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

HP Designjet 500 42"

Hi!
    Burning question! I had a tech go out and replace the carriage belt. When he was putting everything back together there was a connector coming off the pump motor underneath the ink station. The motor turns the pump cams and of course now the is a 22:10 error code. For some reason he could not remember where it went. So I went out to the customers office and took a look myself also not figuring out where it goes. I've checked the service manual and the information is limited and there is no schematic. Soes anyone know where this connector goes. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    HP Designjet 500 42"

The old style ink station had a fan on it. The replacement new style ink station does not have a fan. The connector is still there, but there's no fan to connect it to. Your code is unrelated to the unused connector.

The usual problem with those ink stations is the mechanical aspects of it. The ink gets dry and hard in there, and the motor just cannot turn any more. Disassemble the ink station. Scoop out the large gobs of ink. Clean the rest with warm water in a shop sink. When you reassemble, most of the time it will work. If it still doesn't work, replace the ink station.

My guess is that this is a secondary problem that was just waiting for the tech to arrive to present. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

I think that blackcat is confused. The fan he is talking about is on the service station not the ink station. Both of the connectors on the ink station connect on the board located on the front right of the plotter. If it is the two wire connector, I have had the white part that is on the board comes loose and all that is left is the two pins sticking up making them them hard to see. Just reconnect it and all is good.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    HP Designjet 500 42"

Quote Originally Posted by jeff33 View Post
    I think that blackcat is confused. The fan he is talking about is on the service station not the ink station. Both of the connectors on the ink station connect on the board located on the front right of the plotter. If it is the two wire connector, I have had the white part that is on the board comes loose and all that is left is the two pins sticking up making them them hard to see. Just reconnect it and all is good.
    Oops. You are correct Jeff.
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Technician
    Hi Guys!
    Yes, Jeff, I think your on the right track. The is a Interconnet pcd board located on the top of the service station at the right end if the machine. There are several connectors there, one for the control panel,Interconnect( ribbon) cable which runs to the opposite end of the machine. The connectors on the PCB are keyed so you can't mess them up and the connector from the pump motor is a 3-pin connector which doesn't match any on the Interconnect pcb. I will look for the connector you were talking about if I can find it. Thanks!
    Kevin

Technician
    Hi Jeff!
    Can you tell me where that connector might be? Does it face outward from the end of the machine? What's it mounted to? If I had another machine,I'd have my answer. I've checked with several local dealers and their info is limited. Thanks Jeff!

There are two connectors for the ink station one for the motor and the other for the sensor. If there are no unused connections on the interconnect PCB look on the ink station.