Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 250+ Posts landspeeder's Avatar

H/P color L/J 2840 doesnt detect the new blk cartridge

I had this thing...in about a month ago and put in a new caroselle and its been working fine...anyways the client put in a new black cartridge today and the printer thinks its still has the empty one installed...can it be the cartridge or the prt? how does it reset?

Thanks
    You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.... and
    if this was an easy thing to do then everybody would be doing it! But it isn't and they are not!!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

There are 2 detection sensors. One for the belt and one for the cartridges. The cartridge one (toward the rear of the machine) might be bad or you might have a bad cartridge
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

do you know which one is which and can they be changed without taking the carossle out?
    You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.... and
    if this was an easy thing to do then everybody would be doing it! But it isn't and they are not!!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

I think the one for the drum is in the front. Look at the drum unit and look for the battery/memory chip on it. If it makes contact with the front one, then that's the one for the drum. The cartridges touch the back. I've never changed the one in the back, but I have changed the one in the front. It was very fragile plastic, so use care. As far as the rear one, I'm sure some tech here has had to change one. It seems to be attached to the rear crossmember. I don't know how difficult that is to remove.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Hey, Landspeeder, did you ever find the solutions to your problem? I have the same situation.

My customer has replaced the black cartridge three times in a row and it is still asking to replace the empty black cartridge. They only use new OEM cartridges, so I am convinced that it is NOT a bad cartridge

Please reply.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from
    Just Manuals | The Internet's largest selection of manuals | Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

i cleaned the contacts, in the machine, and moved them a bit left to right better know as sideways...I havent heard from them for a while now so all must be well...

Orlando eh...my favourite place on the planet!!! cool...