Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help....M4345

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Had the IS dept rebuild the drivers for the first department that reported the issue. It appears the problem went away but now its slow to print PDF's. They are using the PCL6 driver for the M4345.

To be sure of this we asked them to rebuild the driver for the other printer that was also reporting this issue. Has not been done yet but this will help confirm if rebuilding the driver corrected the reset issue.

DaveS

M4345 Reset

Hi.

I have read your thread and I have exactly the same issue at my place of work.
    I have 2 4345 MFP running on a W2K3 Print server. Both units require resets to continue printing. We have tried everyrthing you have described to no avail. I have loaded drivers that came with the device and drivers from the HP site with no results.
    The only thing I have not tried is run the print services on a networked PC to see if the server is the cause. Long shot I know but I am all out of options. Did you ever get to the bottom of this?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveS View Post
    Hi.

I have read your thread and I have exactly the same issue at my place of work.
    I have 2 4345 MFP running on a W2K3 Print server. Both units require resets to continue printing. We have tried everyrthing you have described to no avail. I have loaded drivers that came with the device and drivers from the HP site with no results.
    The only thing I have not tried is run the print services on a networked PC to see if the server is the cause. Long shot I know but I am all out of options. Did you ever get to the bottom of this?

As of 5/5/2011 the users reported that the reset button was no longer having to be hit to continue print. This was after the IS dept rebuilt the driver for this printer on the server. We asked the IS dept to also do this with another printer they had that was having the same problems but this has not been done yet. If it worked on this other printer than this might be a solution for us in their environment, not sure if it will work across the board thought.

Something we were going to try but did not do b/c the issue seemed to be fixed with the rebuilt driver. Might be something you could try. Install the printer as a TCP/IP printer on a workstation so that it does not go through the print server when you print to it. As soon as the users notice the problem before they hit reset have them (or IS whoever has the printer installed as TCP/IP) send a print job to the printer and see if it prints. If it prints than would think it would rule out the printer and point you maybe towards server, driver, spooler, network, etc. If it doesn't print I wouldn't say it would rule these out but doing this might help point in a better direction.

Also I have read of people downgrading the firmware at times. I have never done this and don't know if you can run into problems. I don't have any older versions of firmware to try to downgrade it with. Plan to start saving all my FW downloads going forward though.

Something else to note, after taking 2 of the device off of their network that were having this issue. Doing a NVRAM/Cold reset to them they appear to be working fine in my office.

DaveS
    I have some Reps coming in today to discuss this issue further. I am internested in How your IS Dept rebuilt the driver, is there any details how this was done or better yet could a copy of the driver be emailed to me for testing?
    I have also requested the firmware for downgrade from the vendor so I am waiting for this. At this stage I will attempt anything to see if it cures this problematic issue.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    By rebuilding I meant they vary it off in the AS400, removed it from the workstations so it was not on or networked to any computers, than uninstalled the printer from the server. Once the printer is removed he uninstalled the print driver from the server than reinstalled. I was under the impression that the driver that was used was the current one from HP.

It turns out it was an older version that he reinstalled. He stated it was a version of the M4345 driver from 2006 that he had on the server. So when he reinstalled the printer on the server this time he used this driver. The driver version is "HP LaserJet M4345 MFP PCL6 (60.53.644.0)" Maybe you can try to find this version and install it. I tried to do a google search but didn't come up with much unless I searched with the term "HP m4345 2006 driver" and I found this Hewlett-Packard LaserJet M4345 MFP Driver Download but not sure what version it is or if its a trust worthy place to download from.

Let us know any updates.