Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    NebTech

CB534A (LJ M1522NF) Locking up in Ready

Had a customer bring in a CB534A that its scanner bar motor was seized. This machine was still covered under HP's warranty. I replaced the whole scanner unit, tested it and returned it to the customer. Two days later they call me back saying it is going to sleep and they have to cycle power to get it to work again. When I got there the machine was in "Ready" state, but when I tried to access the menu or make a copy nothing happened. The LCD still showed ready and the buttons did not make any beeps. When I cycled power the machine locked up in start up. I unplugged and reseated the connectors for the ADF and scanner units, thinking one was not plugged in all the way and that it came lose when the customer picked up the machine. This solved the problem for about 2 hrs before the called me back a 3rd time. It is now cycling power on its very own, per coworker. At first I was thinking Formatter, but now I am wonder if it could be the DC engine PWB. Has anyone else seen this?

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from
    Just Manuals | The Internet's largest selection of manuals | Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

NebTech
    I have the manuals, thank you though.

Just a quick update. I did just see it turn it self off. I had to cycle the power switch to bring it back to life.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

More apt to be formatter problem. Check power cable. Try in a different outlet, but all these symptoms together say formatter to me.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

NebTech
    It was the Formatter. I did order the DC/Engine PWB just to try and that had no effect.

Thanks you for all the help.