Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: HP-LJ 4250

HP-LJ 4250

Just replaced a swing plate and fuser drive gear in this machine. Trays 2 and 3 work just fine. When I try to do paper path tests from tray 1 the paper stops right before the transfer roller and throws 13.05.00. Replaced bypass unit from a different machine and same result! Customer said tray 1 was working before I replaced swing plate....I have reordered another bypass unit(don't think that will fix my problem). Is there something the swing plate would affect this? I thought about replacing it but can't see it helping since trays 2 and 3 are working just fine. Any thoughts or suggestions? Thank you!

I would back track on this job. Check the connections and look for pinched wires.
    Sounds like you have a harness out

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    HP-LJ 4250

This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from
    Just Manuals | The Internet's largest selection of manuals | Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    HP-LJ 4250

Only thing that is connected with the swing plate is the toner door (via linkage). When you open/close the toner door, swing plate should move to disengage/engage fuser gear. Other than that, I agree with pjbdm, check the tray 1 p/u asm cable to dc controller. Disconnect and reconnect again even if it looks like it's in good.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

Replaced bypass unit and upgraded firmware today. Still not fixed but I can manually help paper through without jamming. Replacing reg assembly when part comes arrives. Any other thoughts?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    HP-LJ 4250

check tray paper size setting in menu or config page, HP has 13.05(paper not reaching ps108, fuser enterance) can be caused by Tray 1 being set to envelope and feeding letter/legal paper thru. printer would not give paper mismatch error but 13.05 or 13.06 error. also it states a bad fuser(binding, which I have seen) could cause this. I was also thinking sensors didn't get plugged in all the way after the swing plate replacement, but you said tray 2 and 3 work fine.