Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

HP CM3530 MFP - Cyan background (50%) over whole page

Just over 1 year old and out of HP Warranty. This device outputs every colour page (except Black mono) with a heavy cyan overtone. New OEM cartridge made no difference.
    I have observed operation with the front door open and interlocks cheated, and I can see the cartridges all do the developer disengaging action during a print run. My first guess is a high voltage power supply or developer bias problem, or perhaps the pre-exposure lamps.

This device is located over 3 hours drive away, so it would be nice to return to the site with some extra ideas,

Anyone else seen this?

Cheers,

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

This Parts & Service manual can be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from http://www.justmanuals.com

Paul@justmanuals.com

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Not familiar enough with this printer yet (have yet to see one in person). Can you post samples preferably using the PQ troubleshooting pages from the Diagnostic menus?

Before going any further perform an engine test to bypass the formatter (Try it with the formatter in and with the formatter out. With the formatter out the display will be dark.) Upgrade firmware.

From what you're telling me, off the top of my head, I would look at: 1) High voltage contacts to the drums, 2) Affected toner cartridge (you already did this one), 3) replace HVPS (maybe in one board on this machine, I'm not sure), 4) DC controller (some machines this is part of the power supply, I'm not sure on this machine).
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

Sharp & HP Tech 100+ Posts austonrush's Avatar
    Almost guaranteed to be dirty contacts between the HVPS and the Toner cartridge. Pull the machine apart and clean the HVPS contact point and all contacts that lead to the Cyan toner. If this does not resolve the issue replace the HVPS or the machine whichever is cheaper

Cheers,

had similar issue but it was outputting a complete black page, there are 2 HVPS boards ont his machine.

one if my memory is called the low HVPS. agree with brandon55, change HVPS and this hopefully will solve your issue. Just to add I tried cleaning the contacts but it made no difference whatsoever.

cheers

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

You might also check the drive gears for that color. If there is a problem with the drive gears it can also cause this type of problem.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

Re: HP CM3530 MFP - Cyan background (50%) over whole page

Hello,

Replaced the lower High Voltage PCB with one out of a good printer

Fixed.

Put Dud PCB on other printer... no problem. It works too....

Swapped them both back - now both working.! Awesome.

Suspect it must have been dirty or loose HV connections

Device has been back at the customer for 3 weeks now, and all working fine.

Sharp & HP Tech 100+ Posts austonrush's Avatar

Re: HP CM3530 MFP - Cyan background (50%) over whole page

Congrats on the repair! .