Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

HP Color LaserJet 5550

I have a problem with CLJ 5550. It shows me this messages:
    Invalid NVRAM size
    Eprom not found

I performed cold reset, changed formmater and the same thing.
    The engine test page is OK. Any idea what else to do?
    Thank you and best regards

NVRAM initialization
    CAUTION
    Initializing NVRAM will reset the serial number, the event log, the page counts, the
    calibration settings, and the EIO card. Use the Service menu to restore the serial number
    and page counts. You will also need to reconfigure any computers that print to this printer to
    recognize the printer. Initialize NVRAM only when absolutely necessary. In most situations,
    use a Cold reset to reset printer variables but still retain the needed values in the Service
    menu.
    Before initializing NVRAM, print a configuration page and a supplies status page to gather
    the following information:

Total page count and color page count

Transfer kit count

Fuser kit count

Serial number

To initialize NVRAM
    1. Turn the printer on and watch the control panel display.
    2. When the display begins showing the memory count, press and hold until all three
    lights on the control panel are lit.
    3. Press .
    4. Press
    PAUSE/RESUME for the HP Color LaserJet 5500 or press STOP for the HP Color
    LaserJet 5550. The display should show
    SKIP DISK LOAD.
    5. Press until
    NVRAM INIT is highlighted.
    6. Press . The printer will initialize NVRAM and then continue its power-on sequence.

416 Chapter 7 Troubleshooting ENWW

might be worth a try?!

Technician
    What is happening is the NVRAM on the DC cont. is looking for info on the formatter, and embedded NIC. Changing the formatter, you do need an NVRAM INIT maybe three times to sync up the two cards. If you cant get past the error message, then replace the DC cont.
    If you put in a non-network formatter, one you need a NIC card for, and the original was embedded, there is the problem.

Technician
    Thanks for replying with NVRAM initalization it's not working. Press and hold down arrow until all three lights on the control panel are lit. After press up arrow and then press STOP button. The display dosen't show SKIP DISK LOAD etc. It shows me the same messages and then printer continuing with boot sequence. After that display is white and all LEDs are blinking.
    Let's start from beginning with old formmater the display is white even the memory count can't shows and the all leds blink all the time. I tried with another formmater from another printer and it works and I think that DC controller it's not faulty. After receving the new formmater and put in the machine gaves me this messages. All the formmater are equipment with NIC card which that means that are not embedded. Any other idea?
    Sorry for my bad English

mark berman
    It is nice well using printer with great options and great colour quality. The main thing of this is anyone can afford that to buy.

Technician

Re: HP Color LaserJet 5550

Please can someone send me and image or ''ghost'' of compact flash for Laser Jet 5550. I need a backup of it. My email address is: also_id@hotmail.com

jackofallcopiers

Re: HP Color LaserJet 5550

Quote Originally Posted by alsid View Post
    Thanks for replying with NVRAM initalization it's not working. Press and hold down arrow until all three lights on the control panel are lit. After press up arrow and then press STOP button. The display dosen't show SKIP DISK LOAD etc. It shows me the same messages and then printer continuing with boot sequence. After that display is white and all LEDs are blinking.
    Let's start from beginning with old formmater the display is white even the memory count can't shows and the all leds blink all the time. I tried with another formmater from another printer and it works and I think that DC controller it's not faulty. After receving the new formmater and put in the machine gaves me this messages. All the formmater are equipment with NIC card which that means that are not embedded. Any other idea?
    Sorry for my bad English
    The instructions in the manual are wrong.You must hit Menu instead of Stop. Follow all other instructions as written. This will give you access to the NVRAM initialization menu.