Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Laser Jet 4345mfp

Laser Jet 4345mfp I think the Nic card has gone bad but not sure can not figure out how to configure ip address from the control panel. Any help?
    FYI the printer was working fine then the building lost power now the nic card ligh is not blinking, and you cant pull it up on a web browser.

Technician
    If you print a configuration page, do you get a JetDirect config page with it? If not, card is probably bad. If so, check the Status line, and IP addressing info for clues. To configure NIC, go to config device menu, IO, EIO, config network = yes

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Laser Jet 4345mfp

What is the model number of the NIC? HP had a recall on some of them a few years back.

Paul@justmanuals.com

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Laser Jet 4345mfp

If they have WinXP go to printers and faxes > right click printer > properties > Ports tab. The IP address should be the one check-marked. You may have to move the border back to see it. Then follow what CKHP says above and make sure the IP address in the printer is the same as what you saw in the PC.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Looks like the NIC card is bad. It is an embedded nic card my question is….can I just get the add on NIC card and plug it in the open slot or with this set up do I need to get the whole formatter board with the embedded nic card

Service Manager 250+ Posts
    You can get a add on nic card, jetdirect 620 is perfered. Do not get a JD 615 or a 610.
    Look thru the menus in the printer and disable the embedded nic, then add the second nic and configure.
    I have recently done this to a hp lj 4250 without a problem.

Rob S

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    you can add a new nic to the formatter. You will need to disable the embedded lan. What you will want to do is enter the menu like you were resetting the Maint Kit or doing a cold reset and look for the option to disable the embedded lan. Once you have disabled it you can put in a jetdirect (ie 600, 610, 615, etc) and program the network settings on that.