Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: M4345 MFP fax

Service Manager 250+ Posts

M4345 MFP fax

Got a good one here hopefully someone has seen. Client comes in at 8:00, but recieves faxes at 6-8 before she comes in. The machine recieves said faxes but does not print them. She claims the only way she can get her faxes is if she faxes out, then all the faxes she recieved earlier will print out. If she doesn't send afax, it will not print out recieved ones at all. Updated firmware to no avail so she just sends a fax in the morning to another department to get her faxes printed out. It works the rest of the day both recievingand printing and sending. I've tried turning off sleep mode and that doesn't seem to be the cure either.. I am open for suggestions on this one.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: M4345 MFP fax

Not sure if it will work or help. I have ran into something similar on this, customer reported faxes or prints would not print (unless they hit the reset button). Not sure if your customer can hit the reset button and see if it prints. This though once it happened once it would continue to happen throughout the day.

In the cases that I have ran into I have had to reinstall the printer drivers and that seemed to correct the issue. Not exact same issue but something to try.

Other than that would maybe go with the usual steps next of Cold resets, nvram, etc.

Service Manager 250+ Posts

I'll give that a go..I'm all up for anything that'll make this thing work.

If this device is also on network as a printer, try leaving the network unplugged overnight.
    I have seen a problem with print audit / fleet management software that 'polls' or interrogates devices overnight, causing weird hang ups in 4345

I love 4345's ... haha

good luck