Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Hp mfp9040

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Hp mfp9040

Have a machine that has a black display panel and the three leds on the left are lit. No power otherwise it seems other than the fans that are running. The customer called said it had an error code and a message to turn machine off then on. They do not remember the error code. Once they unplugged and plugged the machine back in and turned it on it only advances to the black screen and the three lit leds on the left side of the display. Also the green led in the bottom of the start key is lit. I did pull the back panel off and metered the power supply. The voltages are good.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Hp mfp9040

Re: Hp mfp9040

This Parts & Service manual can be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment

from http://www.justmanuals.com

Paul@justmanuals.com

Quote Originally Posted by manuals4you View Post
    This Parts & Service manual can be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment

from http://www.justmanuals.com

Paul@justmanuals.com
    Sorry but I already have the manual and the parts manual too. If you can't come up with a suggestion of a solution then I don't need your idiotic replies about the manuals you sell. Since the symptoms are not in the manual I asked for help not spam

By your description... i think i would put my finger on the formatter board :S
    Im not familiar with this machine tho, but it sure sounds like it... it powers up, but the formatter isnt "booting" so to say.
    Usually all hp's power up with a black screen and all lights on for like 1/2 second or so, and as the formatter boots and loads the firmware etc it changes state.

As a last resort you can try to reflux the formatter board and see if it wakes up.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by hekotez View Post
    By your description... i think i would put my finger on the formatter board :S
    Im not familiar with this machine tho, but it sure sounds like it... it powers up, but the formatter isnt "booting" so to say.
    Usually all hp's power up with a black screen and all lights on for like 1/2 second or so, and as the formatter boots and loads the firmware etc it changes state.

As a last resort you can try to reflux the formatter board and see if it wakes up.

Good luck.
    Thank you for the information. I'll try that and let you know what happens.

Service Manager 250+ Posts

I have seen the formatter and DC controller cause this. I always start with the formatter and if that doesn't do it, then DC controller. Although if the display is dark, I have foud that it is usually the DC controller. If the display is still readable, then it's usually the formatter.