Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LJ 9050 13.05 jams

Have a 9050 w/440K on it, jams before fuser. Recently replaced maintenance kit, replaced again the feed rollers and fuser (only 8K on them), still no luck. Will not jam when I'm there, but when doing long runs will jam. Event log says 13.05 and 13.32. Hate to just replace items without cause, so hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. Thanks.... Jeff M.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    LJ 9050 13.05 jams

Re: LJ 9050 13.05 jams

This Parts & Service manual can be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

http://www.justmanuals.com

Paul@justmanuals.com

Service Manager 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff M. View Post
    Have a 9050 w/440K on it, jams before fuser. Recently replaced maintenance kit, replaced again the feed rollers and fuser (only 8K on them), still no luck. Will not jam when I'm there, but when doing long runs will jam. Event log says 13.05 and 13.32. Hate to just replace items without cause, so hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. Thanks.... Jeff M.
    Here's what I would try, the Cartridge first then the transfer assy, then the registration assy. Seems like paper is slipping somewhere between the registration roller and the fuser. That'spretty much everything in between the two.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    LJ 9050 13.05 jams

Quote Originally Posted by ucinn View Post
    Here's what I would try, the Cartridge first then the transfer assy, then the registration assy. Seems like paper is slipping somewhere between the registration roller and the fuser. That'spretty much everything in between the two.
    Yes, great diagnostics there, keep replacing parts till you get it.

Service Manager 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by manuals4you View Post
    Yes, great diagnostics there, keep replacing parts till you get it.
    Oh yea, and buy a manual from this idiot who has nothing good to add to anything here.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

It does sound like a paper slipping issue and not getting to the proper sensor in time. Personally haven't had to deal with this on this model but know this issue can be a pain. And do believe sometimes with no visual problems to the eye all you can do is replace parts.

I have delt with something like this before on the HP 4000's and 43XX series and on them it was the paper feed assem behind tray 1. The one on the 4345 it did like you described everytime at customer I couldn't get it to jam but on long jobs it would. The reason was because the paper was slipping just a little with each page and it wasn't off in timing enough to see it happen. Was doing 10-50 page paper path tests. When the customer did like 200 pages the timing would grow and eventually be off enough to cause the jam.

Going by the manual with the errors, shows toner, transfer roller, registration assem. The transfer roller should have been done with the MK, so that would leave toner, registration, and maybe the transfer between toner and fuser area.

Sometimes with intermittent errors you can't duplicate on a regular basis all you can do is try a part and wait. If you have done a good visual inspection and can't see anything wrong.

How does the transfer area after the toner but before the fuser look, anything out of place or missing? I have seen before where those belts/feed items come off or just disappear. What about the rollers in the feed area (right side door) have you cleaned them, do they appear ok, etc.

The only way to find out might be to put some new parts in it, personally have done this and when I end up going this route I start with the easiest item to replace first, unless I have a good gut feeling about something else. The other option is once you put in a part run a long test 200-500 or the area when the jamming occurs, this way you have an idea if it fixed it. Just bring your own ream of paper so not using the clients.

Just my 2 cents

Forgot to mention that customer has changed the toner, using OEM, and still have the problem. Tommy & ucinn: I have tried cleaning the right side rollers, and have put back the original transfer roller, no luck. Everything esle looks good, and will run fine on short runs (10 - 50). I was thinking registration, but it's kind of pricey and wanted to get a second opinion before I start with the "when in doubt, rip it out" approach. Think I'll try the registration assy. Thanks..... Jeff M.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    LJ 9050 13.05 jams

The registration asm and the PIU can also cause this problem (2nd pass rollers behind the right door on the PIU). Best thing to check would be removing the registration asm and inspect the rollers. If they are bald that is your problem. Same with the PIU, if the 2nd pass rollers are bald it may be causing or contributing to the problem. Registration asm is my first choice however.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

Replaced registration assy. Been a week now and no calls, so I guess that was it. Prntrfxr: tires were bald on reg assy, so you were right on. Thanks to all...... Jeff M.

Just had this same issue on a 9040. Would do it every 100 copies approx. When it would jam there would be paper jammed in fuser with the imaged shifted on paper. Also look for blank copies too! Just extra info!