Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: HP LJ 6015x

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Fearless V K's Avatar

HP LJ 6015x

new black drum unit and toner cartridge installed and black prints are blank. put old drum back in and its fine. tried second new drum unit and blank prints again. anyone seen this/have a solution?
    Don't take that toner with me!

Technician

Re: HP LJ 6015x

Original drum? Maybe they are little different and it1s bad connection?
    I ve got fever: My English isn`t good, so please please forgive me any mistakes.

two new drum units are having the same problem. they are genuine HP. there is no obvious difference between the new drums and the old drum. the only thing I notice is a buildup of toner at the entrance to the new drums as if the the drum isn't allowing the toner to enter the unit, but not with the old drum.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Fearless V K View Post
    I notice is a buildup of toner at the entrance to the new drums as if the the drum isn't allowing the toner to enter the unit, but not with the old drum.
    I think that's the problem. The drum has got TD Sensor? Do you know Why drum isn't allowing the toner to enter the unit? The printer try to dose toner into drum unit and it`s ok. Problem is in drum unit. Maybe it`s somehow Locked ? Why drum unit doesn't want more toner? If there is no toner, copies may be blank. Toner stops in enter to the guide. Let toner enter to the drum unit. Check flap, springs. Try manually move drum entrance lock.

P.S sorry for my English.
    I ve got fever: My English isn`t good, so please please forgive me any mistakes.

Service Manager 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fearless V K View Post
    two new drum units are having the same problem. they are genuine HP. there is no obvious difference between the new drums and the old drum. the only thing I notice is a buildup of toner at the entrance to the new drums as if the the drum isn't allowing the toner to enter the unit, but not with the old drum.
    I'm not familiar with this model and please don't take this the wrong way, but did you pull the developer strip out of the new drum units? no dev would = blank prints and would explain 2 new ones not working.

there is no strip

I have worked on a few cm6040mfp, same drum units and I have also seen the same issue, out of 6 drum changes, all OEM K drums. 2 have been defective with those same results, no black print.

Same toner buildup on the top feed area. You can depress the lock and rotate it and you will see the toner is topped up. Something is causing the toner not to advance or feed to the mag/dev rollers. Broken parts or otherwise but changing to new drum or used drums with the new chip installed fixes the issue.

Have yet to hear back from HP csn on the issue.

I've encountered this problem. I bring a drum unit (compatible one) but sadly nothing work. I talk to costumer if they have old cartridges plus the one I've replace both old cartridges are working fine. When I bring an original the problem was resolve...

Thanks for the replies.
    All drums have been original OEM new drums. Third drum tried last time worked but stopped working a few weeks later. Tried FOUR more brand new drums and none worked. HP said "sorry the machine is out of warranty" and you can return the drums for a refund where you purchased them, but offered no explanation or resolution to the problem. They have to know about this and it seems like they just don't care. I'm sure the customer will think twice about purchasing HP again.