Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

HP 4100 13.6 jams

the manual says fuser related. I swapped the fuser out but it did not fix it. It will jam maybe 1 out of 20 sheets, and it does not matter if you divert the paper out the back. The machine was cleaned and new rollers put in. Any ideas?
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Wild Bill's Avatar

Re: HP 4100 13.6 jams

If you run a bunch of test pages youll Prolly get a blank page when it jams. Feed solenoid felt is sticking. RG5-5277 This the whole feed assembly;

I love that machine...
    That one must have a decent mileage, i can say i have 1 client with one that has a bigger milleage than some copiers hehe
    When it jams, you prolly have a sheet somewhere in the fuser... and one going in right... all seems fine... tho it just jams...

I'd recommend you to for starts mod the electromagnets take them out, remove the sponge... and put some thermal tube on it, it'll never ever ever bother you again. Tho this isnt your problem, but will save you some in the long run, i do it regardless... sort of preventive maintenance, your call.

I bet a nickel... tho just a nickel :P your problem is in a clutch.
    The clutch that locks the registry roller... its skipping, and delays the paper, tho the machine only detects it when the sheet hits the fuser exit sensor
    You can either replace that entire assembly, or fix the clutch.
    Take the clutch out, take it apart, clean the bronze shaft with alcohol and all the remaining parts, you should have a bit of rust powder all around...on the bronze shaft fits a metal disk, use a bit of thin sandpaper on it, you also have a long ring... clean it... and sandpaper it on the side that is against the metal ring... (when the magnet kicks in, the ring "sticks" to the disk making the registry turn... tho yours is skipping).

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Thanks for the responces.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking