Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

How do I retrieved stored faxes? No, seriously. CM4540

Because of the number of junk faxes we receive, I have the CM4540 emailing ("archiving" in HP parlance) me a copy of the fax, and storing the original, rather than printing it out immediately.

When the odd fax arrives that I actually do want printed-out, I can find no way -either via web or printer control panel- to access the stored fax. If I print to the unit from a workstation and opt to store the job instead of printing, I can see that stored job, but no faxes.

Help!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: How do I retrieved stored faxes? No, seriously. CM4540

pg 92 of the Users Analog Fax Guide:

Enable or disable the schedule for printing of faxes
    NOTE: Before enabling a fax-printing schedule, a schedule must be created. For more information,
    see Create a fax printing schedule on page 93.
    Enable/disable the schedule for printing of faxes on the HP LaserJet 4345mfp and 9040/9050mfp, and the
    HP Color LaserJet 4730mfp and 9500mfp
    1. On the control panel, press the Menu button to display the main menu.
    2. Touch FAX to display the fax menu.
    3. Scroll to and touch FAX RECEIVE.
    4. Scroll to and touch Fax Printing to display the PIN menu.
    5. Type your PIN (must be at least four digits) and touch OK to display the Fax Printing menu. If you
    do not have a PIN, you will be prompted to create one.
    NOTE: Always save your PIN in a secure place. If you loose your PIN, you must contact
    HP Service Support for information on how to reset the PIN. For more information, see
    HP Customer Care on page 121.
    6. Touch Fax Printing Mode.
    7. Select a fax printing mode:
    ● Touch Store all received faxes to disable printing of faxes and store all received faxes to
    memory.
    ● Touch Print all received faxes to allow all stored faxes to print and to print all faxes as received.
    ● Touch Create Fax Printing Schedule to use the fax printing schedule to automatically turn on
    and off the printing of faxes.
    8. Touch OK to exit.

For more information contact manuals4you and ask him to sell you a copy of HP Analog Fax Accessory User Manual (works on most HP MFP's).
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

Technician

Re: How do I retrieved stored faxes?

Thank you for taking the time to post that information.

I'm looking for a method to print selected faxes, and not the junk ones. Alternatively, if I were able to selectively delete the store junk faxes, I would be able to use the scheduled printing approach.

I may be wrong, but I don't know if it is capable of doing that. Maybe you should consider getting a the analog fax guide?
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

Technician

Re: How do I retrieved stored faxes? CM4540

Per your suggestion, I obtained and perused the "HP LaserJet Analog Fax Accessory 500 Fax Guide" and, while it does contain some pertinent information, it does not describe any means for me to accomplish my goal.

Thank you for your input.

Then it probably can't be done