Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: bad dispid 1534

Service Manager 250+ Posts bonnie750's Avatar

bad dispid 1534

Hello

Anyone out thetre had this type of message?
    the machine is a cm4730 and along with 'paper size mismatch tray2/tray 4' messages occuring every 4 or five prints which are reset when drawer is opened/closed,it displays bad dispid 1534 followed by ? after a few seconds. The fuser ,tranfer belt and all feeds/sep rollers have been changed.
    I've googled it and there's a mention on another forum but no answer and nothing on HP channel services. i'm thinking the two are not linked and the message is something generated by the customers' software. They are running windows xp 32 bit and safecom. Firmware is the latest

thanks
    Bill

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    bad dispid 1534

Re: bad dispid 1534

Paper size mismatch issue:

Is the error code a 41.5, 41.3 or Size Mismatch In Tray? Print the event log and list what error codes there are.
    Is this only happening with tray 2 and tray 4? If so, move tray 3 into tray 2's slot and check function.
    Check tray paper guides and adjust if needed. Replace tray if defective.
    Check paper size settings in control panel match what is actually in the tray (check configuration page).
    It is unusual but there is a paper size sensor and it may be damaged.
    Replace DC Controller.

"bad dispid 1534" issue:

Never heard of this one, so bear with me.
    "dispid" is programming related (C++ I think), so it is probably a software issue. So we are looking at either a conflict or communication issue. The first thing we need to do is rule out the printer. To do that we need to check the following items:

Is it connected via USB or via network?
    If it is connected via network, make sure IT dept has updated firmware for server too.
    Check the driver versions and make sure it is for the operating system and for that printer.
    Does the problem only occur when printing from a particular software program? If so, have IT install any patches or fixes from the software manufacturer. The software could be conflicting with the printer driver, firmware, or could have a fault or problem that is causing this issue.
    Connect the printer to a different pc and/or network and test it again. If the problem does not occur, then it is definitely a software/network issue and is not the printer.

I hope this helps you narrow it down. When you find the solution, please post it, because I've never heard of this one and I'm interested in knowing the cause.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

Service Manager 250+ Posts bonnie750's Avatar

Re: bad dispid 1534

Thanks for the reply.
    The trays have been swapped and even without paper in tray 1 the machine will call a paper
    size mismatch in that tray. Tray 3 started doing the same as 2 and 4 when I was there yesterday.
    I stripped out the dc controller and redid all connections.After that the machine printed 100 page job
    without a hitch.This was without the paper pass unit and the external finisher installed.

I thought I had the answer.....but nope the next job it was all wrong again. The paper mismatch will flit
    from tray to tray once it starts, so I'm thinking a dc controller component which is breaking down when hot.
    My service manager got involved, calling a halt and the machine is being swapped out, so I suppose we'll never find out
    what it was.
    The digging I did on the dispid thing, though there was precious little out there, seems to agree with what
    you are saying, something on their network. The customer is a large government organisation which has
    everything locked down software-wise and also the same with drivers. Firmware is updated with webjetadmin
    and Safecom looks after the print.I have questioned their IT guys and they've not had this before.
    If the replacement machine is the same model and it does this then it's their network, but I think they will buy
    new which means an Edgeline cm8050 or a cm 6040.

bill