Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Hp 5000n   knocking noise from  reg roller

Hp 5000n knocking noise from reg roller

My exp is limited on these.I have customer who is getting a knocking noise from registration roller(when I jam interlock I could see the upper roller bouncing up)and smudge on copies. I tried taking assembly out (took 2 screws off) but it wouldnt come out and I didnt want to force it.Both springs are on the assembly holding rollers together.Any help with disassembly and problem would be appreciated.
    Thank you . ANDY

nichjar
    Hi cucuklotz,

I Havent much exp with these machines either but check out these guys you can download the SM from the below link.

http://www.feedroller.com/Store/Serv...e%20Manual.pdf

hp Feed Rollers and Printer Parts @ Feedroller.com

Service Manager 100+ Posts CanonHPTech's Avatar
    Hmm... Believe you gotta take one of the side covers off of this like the LJ 4000 to correctly remove the Reg Assy. I used to find that customers used to bend back the pressure plate all the way back causing the assy. to make noises and jam. Think it was a squeal more than a click though. More than likely you have a missing pressure spring or bushing in there. Could also be the gear that is on the end of the shaft you can not see is broken. One missing tooth will cause it to click as the main drive rotates it. Either way, your gonna have to pull out the Reg. Assy. Looks like the assy. is not field repairable, no parts/subassemblies listed on partsurfer or printerworks website in their diagrams.

Reg Assy: RG5-3524-110CN

Good luck sir. Let us know how you make out.