Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Wild Bill's Avatar

P4015 says checking paper path after firmware update

I updated this P4015 after having strange jamming problems. Tray 3 was working fine. After I installed latest firmware it gives me checking paper path with tray 3 installed. If I remove tray 3 it works fine but as soon as I put the tray 3 back on it gives me this message, "Checking Paper Path" I also noticed it has no motor rotation. Then I replaced Tray 3 with a known working tray 3 and It works! The tray was working and now it says checking paper path... what the helk? Anyone see this? Maybe the tray pwb was bad in the first place.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: P4015 says checking paper path after firmware update

I think maybe the tray was bad in the first place. I don't think firmware would damage your feeder.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

Nazgul69

Hi Bill

This is a known issue with this model. We have a number of these devices passing through our workshops.
    When performing a firmware upgrade to the DN or X versions, you must remove accessories first.
    I have included the document from HP's website.

HP LaserJet P4014 and P4015/4515 Printer Series - Error Message "Clearing Paper Path" After Firmware Upgrade
    Issue
    After a firmware upgrade, the error message Clearing paper path is displayed on the printer control panel.
    Solution
    Perform the following procedure to upgrade the firmware:
    1. Remove the additionally installed tray from the printer.
    2. Then perform an upgrade.
    3. After you have sent the file to the printer, you have to wait at least 30 minutes until the update is completed. (The maximum time experienced was nearly 45 minutes.)
    The printer will display if the RFU is finished.
    4. After that, you have to power off the printer manually and restart the printer but without the trays.
    After the printer reboot, you will see READY displayed.
    5. Power off the printer again, and add paper trays and power on again.
    Now you have the latest firmware file installed and the printer will not display a Clearing paper path error.
    If after the firmware upgrade, the message appears again on the printer control panel, we have to remove all the additional accessories installed on the printer and then install them one by one and power cycle the printer. The printer will come to ready mode after all the additional accessories are removed from the printer. After re-installing the accessories (one at a time) and rebooting the printer, we have to check with which accessory the message Clearing paper path occurs and we have to replace that accessory. With the other accessories the printer will come to ready mode.

emr_na-c01855017

The best way to resolve this, if you have already got the problem, is to remove accessories, update the firmware again,
    and then re-introduce the accessories.
    Hope this is helpful.

Sean

SteveLXI

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Bill View Post
    I updated this P4015 after having strange jamming problems. Tray 3 was working fine. After I installed latest firmware it gives me checking paper path with tray 3 installed. If I remove tray 3 it works fine but as soon as I put the tray 3 back on it gives me this message, "Checking Paper Path" I also noticed it has no motor rotation. Then I replaced Tray 3 with a known working tray 3 and It works! The tray was working and now it says checking paper path... what the helk? Anyone see this? Maybe the tray pwb was bad in the first place.

Contact Laser Xperts, they can repair and return these to you.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Thumbs up Re: P4015 says checking paper path after firmware update

Bill- If you want a FREE copy of the service manual, just email me and tell me who you are and I'll send it along.

Paul@justmanuals.com

We have just encountered this problem. Found an alternative fix to the problem other than the one listed above. Will try that one first as it doesn't require the removal of the extra tray. Will report back on the success of either method.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Ingersoll's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dasbrun View Post
    We have just encountered this problem. Found an alternative fix to the problem other than the one listed above. Will try that one first as it doesn't require the removal of the extra tray. Will report back on the success of either method.

Had similar problems with a HP LJ P4515x Model CB516A, after the firmware upgrade got the message "Checking Paper Path", after researching and updating the firmware w/o the accessories, I got the message "resend upgrade", following another firmware upgrade, now when the printer is restarted it comes up with:

"Program File to SLOT0 NAND"

if you arrow down to Run Boot Image the printer will reboot to Ready, but again if powered off/on it will go to

"Program File to SLOT0 NAND" again.

Is there any known way to resolve or FIX this issue? It would have been REALLY nice if the firmware docs said to remove accessories BEFORE updating firmware!

Rick@vbmalaska.com

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Wild Bill's Avatar

When I got to "resend upgrade" Message I went ahead and Changed the Formatter and Replaced Tray 3 and that fixed it.
    Now I know better. I did purchase all used parts so it wasn't too bad. But ye HP whats' the deal with that? No warning in their upgrade notes.

This is an old thread but wanna trade jobs? I saw that you are from Alaska lol. I've always wanted to go Steelhead fishing up there!
    Izzy

When I got to "resend upgrade" Message I went ahead and Changed the Formatter and Replaced Tray 3 and that fixed it.
    Now I know better. I did purchase all used parts so it wasn't too bad. But ye HP whats' the deal with that? No warning in their upgrade notes.

This is an old thread but wanna trade jobs? I saw that you are from Alaska lol. I've always wanted to go Steelhead fishing up there!

Our office is full up right now with techs. But you can always submit a resume :

Valley Business Machines - Wasilla Alaska

What did you do to fix the issue? I have not been able to get around this message: "Program File to SLOT0 NAND" ​on power on.