Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    CP1815NI Locking Up

CP1815NI Locking Up

Several times a day, the delivery rollers lock up and creates jam. Not strong on this but trying to help a current customer. Any ideas would be great

CP1815NI Locking Up

Re: CP1815NI Locking Up

Is this happening with the rear cover open or only when paper is sent to the top?
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

CP1815NI Locking Up

I didnt run it out the rear cover. I had it coming out the top. Tomorrow I'll stop there and run it out the back. It fed all the way to the delivery rollers but they were stopped so "jam"

CP1815NI Locking Up

Sorry my mistake. Its a 1518NI. It can only come out up top.

CP1815NI Locking Up

If you open the back door you should be able to test it coming out or better yet remove the rear cover altogether. What you're trying to do is bypass the delivery area and make sure it's not the fuser. If it feeds fine with the cover off, then inspect the gear linkages between the fuser, motor and delivery gears. Make sure nothing is out of position or broken. With the cover open you may be able to trigger the lever that engages the delivery assembly. Even though paper will not be fed up through there, you should be able to see the delivery rollers turn. This will aid you in troubleshooting. You might want to pick up a service manual. Manuals4you probably has this one. It is a newer printer, so it may be worth getting one.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

CP1815NI Locking Up

Replaced fuser drive motor. So far so good. Tough part to get. I think they want you to throw the machine out.