Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: hp cm3505n

hp cm3505n

Hello everyone- I've got this printer that is not printing the correct color. The left side of the page is coming out with a magenta stripe. The toners have been changed, along with the transfer belt and firmware upgrade has been done. I was told the next step would be changing the HVPS. Has anyone else encountered this issue before? A tech support person gave me this info but if this HVPS doesn't fix it the customer is going to be upset, they already paid for the transfer belt and fuser(their IT guy ordered that,too,don't know why). Thanks to all in advance!

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    hp cm3505n

Re: hp cm3505n

HP has always had a problem with Magenta for some reason.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    hp cm3505n

I assume the machine you are actually talking about is the CP3505n.

Some things to try:

Go to the DIAGNOSTICS menu.

Perform the DISABLE CARTRIDGE CHECK and see if the problem follows the cartridge or the slot.
    Print PQ TROUBLESHOOTING page
    Print PRINT DIAGNOSTICS PAGE page
    Print an ENGINE TEST (hole is in the back of the printer under the little door)
    Perform a half page test (stop the paper before it comes out of the fuser to rule out the fuser as being the problem)

These will isolate the color, rule out a cartridge issue, and the formatter. Check the HVPS contacts. Make sure cartridge is seating properly. Check cartridge locks to make sure they are engaging. Lift the transfer belt while looking at the right of the cartridges. shutters should open and you should see the locks come down over the cartridges on the right. If one looks bad replace them all. If the locks are broken they may not be making good contact with the HVPS contacts. After that, I would think HVPS or DC Controller. These machines are basically the same as the 3000/3600/3800 series.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

Thanks so much! I'll try these steps on Monday!