Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Laserjet M4345MFP problems

Have an M4345, problems started with a 49 error. Replaced formatter, was fine for about 2 weeks, then screen went completely blank. No lights, no display. Only thing running was fan for DC controller, but could get an engine test with formatter removed. Replaced Formatter again. Nothing. Tried hard drive. Nothing. Put back original hard drive, replaced Power condition board and DC controller. Display came back but would not fully load program. Stopped loading at "D". If you left it on, eventually display would go blank. Replaced hard drive and finally worked. Tested and tested and worked great. So now I have replaced formatter (twice), hard drive, DC controller and power conditioning board. Machine sat over the weekend, and following Tuesday delivered back to customer. Plugged it in, nothing. Just DC contoller fan running. Pulled machine again, replaced engine control board. Display came back on, but very faint and with horizontal lines moving down the display. Still will not fully load program to operate machine, and now cannot get an engine test. Rechecked all connections to all boards, all good. Tried another power conditioning board, nothing. I'm thinking a bad DC controller or engine control board, but maybe I'm missing something. What a nightmare!!! Seems highly unlikely replacement DC controller or engine control are bad, but I'm out of ideas. Thanks for any help!!! Jeff M.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Lightbulb Re: Laserjet M4345MFP problems

This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

http://www.justmanuals.com

Paul@justmanuals.com

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Laserjet M4345MFP problems

See if the problem goes away when you disconnect the hard drive (cable to formatter).
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Wild Bill's Avatar

Laser pros helped me fix this problem long time ago... I would call their tech support.
    If the fan is working its probably the formatter. Illiminating the HD is a good Idea

• HP LJ 4345 MFP
    – Power supply failure
    • No power
    • Light display or no backlight

– Control panel failure
    • Touch screen will not work correctly
    • Lines through display
    • Completely dead
    Izzy

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Tried disconnecting hard drive, no change. Display is light, display has wavy lines like the old TVs that needed horizontal adjustment, will not finish loading program, so will not give any error codes. I'm still leaning toward the power supply. Ordering another one today, hoping for the best. Thanks..... Jeff M.

Service Manager 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff M. View Post
    Tried disconnecting hard drive, no change. Display is light, display has wavy lines like the old TVs that needed horizontal adjustment, will not finish loading program, so will not give any error codes. I'm still leaning toward the power supply. Ordering another one today, hoping for the best. Thanks..... Jeff M.
    Have you tried the engine power supply? I've had quite a few of these go bad which causes it not to load and no backlight.

Technician

i had a HP 4300 w/ no power up or if i remember screen lite up dimmly but no display.

was bad firmware

when you replace formatter you prob. had to put in old firmware card with new formatter.

hope that helps???

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Firmware is embedded in formatter on the M4345, so nothing had to be exchanged. I've got another engine power supply on order, hopefully will be in tomorrow. Thanks...... Jeff M.

Technician

sorry M4345 - embeded
    LJ4345 - removable

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

OK, I think I've finally got this fixed. Replaced the engine power supply again, and everything came to life. Had a defective one, obviously. Tried turning off and on 4 or 5 times, worked every time. Delivered to customer again, and sure as shootin', powered it on, lights came on, display came on, and nothing else......What the f#$%??? Reseated formatter, nothing. Reseated again, a little more agressively, and viola, it's working. Don't think it should be this touchy, but it's been 3 days, and still working. Had checked all connections numerous times as I was tearing it down, so I don't think it's that. What a friggin nightmare. Definitely not shy about tearing this model apart anymore.... Thanks to all for your input. Jeff M.