Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Swampfoot

Xerox DC 3535 toner - usable in an HP Color LaserJet CP1518?

Was given a bunch of full, unused 3535 toner carts by a printshop owner who was cleaning up. 3 each of CMYK.

I have an HP color laser, a CP1518 NI that I have been planning to refill carts for if I could find appropriate and inexpensive bulk toner, but this has been difficult. I'm aware that they may be good for only one or two refills before their drums become unusable.

Question is, I have been reading that there are many different toner formulations made to plasticize at different temperatures, etc. What are the chances that the Xerox 3535 toner would work in an HP 1518 (same engine as a CP1215)?

If it doesn't work, will the HP be destroyed? It's not an expensive machine, only $200 new, and I will not be too upset if it's ruined.

Thanks.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Xerox DC 3535 toner - usable in an HP Color LaserJet CP1518?

Thumbs down Re: Xerox DC 3535 toner - usable in an HP Color LaserJet CP1518?

The chances of it working are between slim and none and slim left town.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar

Re: Xerox DC 3535 toner - usable in an HP Color LaserJet CP1518?

Not a snowball's chance in hell it will work.

Even if the machine is only $200, why waste the money? The wrong toner can do everything from damaging the drum units to coating the fuser and guide plates with a gunky mess of unfused toner. Even refill toner is never quite the same quality as the original stuff. Save yourself the hassle and spend the extra amount for OEM and not even have to worry about it.

You may as well try putting regular grade gasoline in a diesel engine as a cost saving measure.