Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

HP M5035MFP - Rattling Noise

Please help me with the HP M5035MFP. It makes a rattling sound, as if some gears are wearing out. The noise appears to be within the toner cartridge assembly, between the gears of the photoreceptor and the developer roll. However, the same thing happens even with a different cartridge. I have also dismantled the main drive assembly and thus ensured that all gears within are in good condition.

I am now a bit confused.
    Applying some pressure against the toner cartridge while running the Drum Motor seems to help. However, this results in a message that the toner is not a genuine HP product (which it is).

Any help, thoughts, will be appreciated.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Lightbulb Re: HP M5035MFP - Rattling Noise

This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals ~ The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

Technician

Re: HP M5035MFP - Rattling Noise

Thanks for the link to manuals. I actually have with me the Service Manual for the machine. Nonetheless, problem is still there.

Technician

haven't seen 5035, but prob like all the others. check swing plate assemby gear (fuser drive assemby) prob has a pile of gear dust by it

Technician

Thanks a million. In my particular machine, the problem clearly has to do with the toner/drum cartridge. if i actuate (in Troubleshooting mode) the Drum motor, then the noise can be heard. But I'll also check this

Sharp & HP Tech 100+ Posts austonrush's Avatar

Look to see if the toner drive gear is stripping, look for damage and wear (looks kinda like a triangle). This is the gear that connects the toner to the main drive gear it is engaged when you open a close the cover. I have had issues with this in he past. The main drive assembly can not be bought as an assembly you have to buy and reassemble every gear individually so be very careful pulling it out of the printer! Each gear has a corresponding part number in the service manual, you will likely only need the one.

It is not a fun job and the whole right side of the machine must be stripped down to get at it. Look for wear on the toner cartridge engage gear as well if you see rounded edges you are probably on the right path. Make sure you have eliminated the fuser drive gear as this can also cause a similar noise, I;m assuming this does not sound like a fan rattle but check the fans with the cover off as well.

Also I just want to make sure you have tried multiple toner cartridges as it is usually first caused by a toner cartridge stress

good luck

Technician

Very helpful post Brandon55. Kudos man!
    I am 100% sure the problem is not in the fuser area. I also have tried different toner cartridges, as well as disassembled the whole main drive assembly. Everything is in order. And the triangular toner drive gear is also good. Nevertheless, I will check again on Monday, and give more information.
    Thanks again.

Technician

Problemo solved... Thanks for the help and ideas guys

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

What fixed it?
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

Sharp & HP Tech 100+ Posts austonrush's Avatar

What fixed the issue?!