Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    End User 250+ Posts

Why does my HP CLJ CM3530 sometimes slow down on duplex jobs from PC?

When making double sided prints from the CM3530 itself it always prints the first side of the next page while flipping the current page over in order to maintain full print speed even during duplex jobs (what's this feature called? My Canon didn't do that and as such was much slower in duplex mode).

Anyway, when printing long PDFs from my PC (connected by USB) it often alternates between printing while flipping the page over and not printing while flipping the page over. Is this normal or could it be due to a too slow communication between the PC and printer? How do I make sure it's operating at USB 2.0 speed? Or could it be lack of RAM in the machine itself?

I just thought of something, I guess if I send the job to be stored on the printer and then print it from the printer's stored jobs, that should tell me if it's communication speed from the PC that's too slow.

Well I just did that test and printing the same PDF from the printer's stored jobs printed it at "full speed" throughout the document, so it seems my theory of too slow communication between the PC and printer is right. Is USB 2.0 fast enough for the printer to not have to stop to wait for data? If so it might be running in USB 1.0 or 1.1 mode. How do I check this?

Thanks

just one copy?? 500+ Posts
    Why does my HP CLJ CM3530 sometimes slow down on duplex jobs from PC?

Re: Why does my HP CLJ CM3530 sometimes slow down on duplex jobs from PC?

230 posts of nonsense.
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. ~Thomas Edison

Get a stopwatch first of all. Then you need to run multiple controlled print job experiments . Record the times down to the thousandth of a second. I would say doing about 40 print jobs of no less than 300 pages duplexed should be a good start. Also each page should be a full vivid color image to fully test the capability of the machine. Please share your results.
    "In a cruel and evil world, being cynical can allow you to get some entertainment out of it."

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Must be nice to be that bored!

Service Manager 100+ Posts kyrenecopy's Avatar

"Splotches"/uniformity problem with cyan since changing cartridges

I got a new set of compatible cartridges for my CM3530 and changed all 4 just to test them and now solid cyan areas went from being uniform to now being very "splotchy" almost as if it had rained on an inkjet print, but only in cyan areas. I did set the uniformity setting to "Alternate 1" which made it much better but still not perfect.

What would be the cause for these splotches? I assume it's in the cartridges since that's when it started, should I ask to have the cyan cartridge replaced under warranty or will this fix itself with time/usage?

The good news is that other than splotches in solid cyan areas the print quality is as good or better than HP cartridges.

Thanks

HEY AAB1;
    DID YOU FIX THIS PROBLEM YET?
    Testing 1-2-3, testing, testing. Is this thing on?