Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    End User 250+ Posts

Re: How to scan using HP Color LaserJet CM3530

Quote Originally Posted by rthonpm View Post
    See my original reply and follow the link.
    Thanks, sorry I hadn't noticed one of the options doesn't seem to require networking, or does it?

It does say it supports TWAIN and WIA, but Photoshop says no WIA compatible devices are found (yet it still lists my old Canon MF8350 which I no longer have).

Does it support TWAIN and WIA over network only or am I doing something wrong or missing the scanner driver? There doesn't seem to be any driver for scanning on the driver page for this machine and my computer seems to detect it only as a printer and not as a scanner or fax which it also is, my previous MFPs would be recognized as all 3 devices when connected by USB.

Thanks

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

No TWAIN scanning on this model.

Check out this link on HP's site: HP Color LaserJet CM3530 Multifunction Printer series - HP LaserJet Printers and Digital Senders - Twain Compatibility - c01709703 - HP Business Support Center

You can still scan to folder or email, but NOT using USB - network connection only.

What's so hard to grasp about RTFM???

So, just when is this "old enough to know better" thing supposed to kick in?

End User 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KenB View Post
    No TWAIN scanning on this model.

Check out this link on HP's site: HP Color LaserJet CM3530 Multifunction Printer series*-* HP LaserJet Printers and Digital Senders - Twain Compatibility - c01709703 - HP Business Support Center

You can still scan to folder or email, but NOT using USB - network connection only.

What's so hard to grasp about RTFM???
    OK so I finally bought a new network cable to connect it to my router, at first it didn't appear automatically on the network which I wasn't sure should happen or not, I then figured the printer's network setting was set to manual and not DHCP and changing that got it to appear on the network.

I was able to configure the digital send using the printer's web based settings which I obviously couldn't access by USB and was surprised it offers even more settings than the several hundred settings available through the LCD. At first there was no option for digital sending on the machine's main menu but now that it's configured it appeared, I was even able to configure the home screen layout.

I was also surprised it seems to slow down less often when printing long PDFs over a 100mbps network than it did over 480 mbps USB 2.0, or is it possible it was working at USB 1.0 speed? Anyway I won't need to upgrade to a gigabit speed router as I thought I would because it seems faster, not slower as I was expecting.

I realize it doesn't support twain, but what about WIA? I thought I read it did, do I need drivers because Photoshop still can't find any WIA devices. Scan to folder is OK, but scanning by WIA gives me more control on how and what I'm scanning so I'd like it if it's supported.

Thanks