Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Anyone have a positive experience with Service Net ?

We purchased a HP CM4540 through CDW, and then purchased an "extended warranty." We didn't know (or thoroughly check) the maintenance would be third-party.The contract went to Service Net who has treated me like I'm a residential customer, and could not expedite our URGENT/DOWN problem in any way or fashion.When the dispatch to a local service tech finally happened, the tech visited, gave us great service, told us he would need to get with HP and Service Net to get the part (formatter board ordered because our printer was so new. Hours later, he called to report a family emergency and so ticket was kicked back to Service Net because they're a 2-person shop, and he was the sole "HP talent". It took Service Net four business days and a phone call from me to complete the re-dispatch. I patiently waited two business days for 2nd tech to get things sorted, then called this morning. He has complaints about the lack of money in the ticket, and suggests that was really the reason the first tech rejected the ticket.I am curious to know if this is the type of service I can expect from Service Net maintenance plans, or is this isolated?BTW, we're in Jacksonville, FL, so we should not have to bus-in techs, right?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Wild Bill's Avatar

Re: Anyone have a positive experience with Service Net ?

I believe this is what you can expect. Considering the service part of a purchase it so important. Buying from a local reputable dealer is definatly better. They may find a decent tech tho and then when you get a call it wont be so bad.
    Izzy

Technician

Other extended warranties service from someone other than Service Net ?

I would dearly love to keep my/our money local. Unfortunately, the economy-of-scale that makes our inexpensive extended warranty possible prices it out of reach for our local techs.

Re: Anyone have a positive experience with Service Net ?

As they say there are 3 types of service: Good - Cheap - Fast You can pick any 2 Good service Cheap won't be Fast Good service Fast won't be Cheap Fast Service Cheap won't be Good
    "In a cruel and evil world, being cynical can allow you to get some entertainment out of it."