Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: HP 5100

HP 5100

Machine will print out blank pages before the print job. If you tell it to print 5 pages you'll get 5 blank and then 5 printed pages. Tell it 10 and you get 10 blank and 10 printed. I told the customer they needed to have their IT ppl update the drivers as it's set up on some remote desktop/network domain. That would be the first thing I would do but has anyone else come across this issue and it been something different?
    "In a cruel and evil world, being cynical can allow you to get some entertainment out of it."

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    HP 5100

Re: HP 5100

What applications are we talking about? It's very common on Microsoft Word documents to create a blank following page with nothing on it. What print emulation? Probably PCL5e, or PCLXL ...

Could you be receiving something other than print data, like prepended tray commands for some home grown application? I think I'd start by using a crossover to print from my laptop to confirm that it's a network or driver issue before proceeding.

If it is a driver or network issue, maybe you can get a data capture? Any HP guys know how to get a capture off the printer? I can help you look at the data. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

It will print the blank pages before the printed pages. I told it to do a windows test page and got 1 blank page and then the test page. It prints from one computer and is hooked up with a parallel cable. From the looks of it the computer remotely logs into a domain off site somewhere. It's at a Gander Mountain store. This isn't one of our machines covered under contract and regardless of how much I may or may not know on networking I do not go messing around in other people's networks. That isn't in my job description and I avoid it at all cost.
    "In a cruel and evil world, being cynical can allow you to get some entertainment out of it."

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Wild Bill's Avatar

Does it print the config page with no extra pages? If so it is on the computer end. It does it while printing test page, so I would start at fresh updated drivers.
    Izzy

Yeah config and status page come out fine. Only does it when you send a print job. It's why I suspected the driver....but figured I'd ask around while they wait on their IT ppl to actually get around to doing something. They have to send in some ticket and wait. I was just being proactive on it for the customer.