Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Marty Goshen

ERROR "50"- HP LASERJET III

I have a problem with my HP Laserjet III. It says, \"50 -Service\" I have been told this means that I have to change my fuser. And I can`t find repair instrctions for my printer. How do I change the fuser and where can I get one?

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    ERROR "50"- HP LASERJET III

Re:ERROR "50"- HP LASERJET III

:unsure: It\'s a LJ3 with fuser trouble, Replace the printer with one from this websites Great sponsers or members!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

Technician

you can get refurbed fusers from the net and it has four screws. easy, however the ac power supply will cause the same error, or both can be the problem. once in awhile its the cooling fan. a good printer tech will troubleshoot the correct problem and solve it for you.

The fuser should run you $100-$150 plus labor, but I agree with TB, replace the heap-o-junk.
    I'm going back to Cali, Cali, Cali...

chema

hola........el problema puede estar en varios sitios.......en las conexiones del fuser..........en la lampara que este mal...........o en la fuente de alimentacion.........tiene un condensador verde......que ahora no me acuerdo del valor.........que esta mal........mira estas tres cosas.......antes de cambiarle el fuser.............I am speak english very bad..........but the problem ...see the ac power....

salu2...........chema@siapi.e.s

Technician

errror

That is a Fuser error code Turn the printer off for about 15 minutes.Then turn it bach on again you call this (power cycle) it will clear the code.
    If the code returns the fuser is faulty run a continuity check accross the fuser.Chech thurmofuse and thermisters they are mainlt the culprits.

Technician
    I know its an old thread but I agree with techcec, check the thermal fuse and thermistor. Also look for cracked solder joints on the fuser pcboard and reflow the solder if needed.

Error 50 Hp Laser Iii

hi,
    Yes It Is A Fuser Code But Some Time This Comes From The Polly Gan Motor , Clean The Laser Unit And Motor.

Service Manager 100+ Posts CanonHPTech's Avatar
    Wow... as these get older and older, they get trickier... the last few I encountered, I swapped the Fuser, AC P/S and Fan, and still the error returned... so my only advice is this:

1. Check to see if it has old style fan (metal), if it does, replace with newer style (PC Cooling Plastic Fan), more than likely, the damage is already done so you will probally have to replace at least the AC P/S also.
    2. Swap out your Fuser with a known good one or refurb.
    3. Swap out your AC P/S with a known good one or refurb.
    4. Slam dunk in a dumpster, then light the dumpster on fire.

These were tough, and a few places I worked, I decided to keep known good AC P/S and Fuser's (like ones that would give bad image quality, but would not throw 50 codes) just to test. Outside of this, I have heard horror stories of swapping the cable/connector that the Fuser snaps into and the DC Controller. Unless this is yours or just a personal conquest against this unit (for example, you lost a bar fight too it or it beat you in Space Invaders), suggest a HP LaserJet 4 or 5 instead. Can pick them up pretty cheap, on eBay or local shops who might have stole the Cassette and Toner out of them. Whatever you do, remeber, most of the parts vendors have or are in the process of discontinuing parts for these. My vendor was selling the refurbed Fuser at $29.00, but could no longer get the Seperation Pads or Pick-Up Rollers for them. You fix it now, you will be asked to fix it again in the year 2030 when we are all driving flying cars and sending print jobs to compact printers in our TV's, wirelessly- with our minds!!! Good luck sir.

Technician

Angry Hp Laserjet Error Code 50

Thank you very much. I cannot reply to any thread at this present time.
    My internet service is down and it will be for a while.
    To all the helpful tech keep helping when you help and get a reply.
    To your solution it also help you some I know you have to research.
    To solve a particular problem some it just come stray from knowing it indept.