Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

HP CM4540 MFP transfer kit reset

Hi,
    Hope somebody has an answer for me on this one.
    Simple call to install user consumables that they were not comfortable with.
    Transfer kit and fuser, no big deal right?
    After replacing the items, the fuser reset as it should but the transfer kit did not!

I am unable to find a reset in software, service or in the pre boot menu.
    i did set the flag on the left side of the belt unit to the 8 o'clock position and several more trying to get it to reset but have no luck.

Anyone know how to reset the Transfer kit on this machine?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Wild Bill's Avatar

Re: HP CM4540 MFP transfer kit reset

Couldnt find anything to help; The installation should reset it. Blows a fuse or something.
    Izzy

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    HP CM4540 MFP transfer kit reset

Lightbulb Re: HP CM4540 MFP transfer kit reset

This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Bill View Post
    Couldnt find anything to help; The installation should reset it. Blows a fuse or something.
    Thanks WildBill,There is a fuse?? I thought it was the white "flag" actuator that tripped the switch actuator in the printer.I tried resetting that several times to no avail. If there is a fuse then that's another thing I didn't think to look at.Thanks again.

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

You should return the belt as defective.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    You should return the belt as defective.
    Yes, that is the first reaction and what will probably need to be done but, I would like to know why it did not reset first.
    I got some earlier info. about the white flag actuator but as I review the SM overnight, that is not the reset but the home sensor. Bad info. = tail chasing.

Wild Bill mentioned a fuse in an earlier reply. Konica has fuses in their transfer belts so, maybe that is the case with this HP. I will find out later if this is the case. I have plenty of pico fuses if needed!

Thanks for the reply

Re: HP CM4540 MFP transfer kit reset *Update*

* Update *

I found the reset for the transfer belt unit!

I returned to the site this morning with a pocket full of pico fuses determined to discover and reset this belt unit. I began looking at the only contacts on this unit and attempting to trace where this fuse may be.
    (this is on the right side of the unit as you remove it from the machine).
    Actually these contacts seem to lead only to grounding spots, but I began removing that right side cover to see a little better where the leads route to. Oh, I was doing this investigation on the old belt unit so as not to void the warranty on the new one in the machine should I need to send back as DOA. Well, when I removed the side cover, a spring loaded black disk WITH A FLAG ON IT popped up from the one of the gears. After seeing this it all became rather obvious. The disk rides on the gear and when new the flag is up. Upon initial rotation of the belt when installed the flag trips an actuator in the machine to reset the count. The spring on the disk will then cause it to disengage from the gear and it will not return or rotate.
    I was then able to reposition the flag disk easily with a small screwdriver on the new belt unit, installed back into printer and the count was reset. Repositioning of the flag disk is easy and requires no disassembly of the belt unit or cover removal.

The new unit I received apparently had it's reset flag out of position when I first installed it.

Anyway, thanks for the response and replies. I hope this information is helpful to someone out there.