Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

HP cp2025: remove shipping lock error message

Does anyone have a definitive solution for this? I am having a repeat issue with this message. The machine displays it for multiple colors, not at the same time, and regardless if the cartridge is OEM or aftermarket. Been through the reset procedure, shaking the cartridge and so on. I've seen posted here and other sites to replace formatter board or replace whole machine...really?

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    HP cp2025: remove shipping lock error message

Lightbulb Re: HP cp2025: remove shipping lock error message

This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Re: HP cp2025: remove shipping lock error message

I've heard this works: Try swapping the cartridge with the error with working one (or apparently swap any two cartridges, I guess), wait for the machine to give you the wrong cartridge error, then replace the cartridges to their proper slots.
    I've never done that though, so you might just have bad cartridges or something. Maybe they were all in the same truck that was parked out in the sun for too long and they all got cooked. That has caused me some annoying intermittent errors for non OEM supplies.

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    I've heard this works: Try swapping the cartridge with the error with working one (or apparently swap any two cartridges, I guess), wait for the machine to give you the wrong cartridge error, then replace the cartridges to their proper slots.
    I've never done that though, so you might just have bad cartridges or something. Maybe they were all in the same truck that was parked out in the sun for too long and they all got cooked. That has caused me some annoying intermittent errors for non OEM supplies.
    Thanks for the input, however have tried that also. First time error showed up was for magenta. Took three cartridges, ( two aftermarket and one OEM ), to resolve. Then yellow came up to be replaced and message came up again....argh!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the info. I have tried that, took three cartridges, 2 aftermarket 1 OEM to resolve. Problem first came up with magenta, after that was resolved the the machine asked for a yellow cartridge. After that was replaced the message came up again.

P.O.S.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Wild Bill's Avatar

HP Support document

HP Color LaserJet CP2020, CM2320, M351, M375, M451 and M475 MFP Product Series -
    Remove Shipping Lock error message on control panel

HP Color LaserJet CP2020, CM2320, M351, M375, M451 and M475 MFP Product Series - Remove Shipping Lock error message on control panel - c01760760 - HP Business Support Center
    Izzy

thanks for the info, but as I stated in the first post, I went tthrough this procedure, no luck.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

You most likely have a sensor problem then, and if your warrantee is still in force you probably should send the machine back to HP for a replacement.
    On the other hand, I can't find where you checked the cartridges that were causing you problems for damage from improper handling. If you didn't purchase the machine and supplies from a reputable source, you might try checking that out before you give up.

Technician

I had this problem with a number non-OEM cartridges. Took a while to find that a spring (the end without the chip) was missing. See attached. If you press the white plastic, anothe plastic bit sticks out. The works these bits. Without the spring, it seems to work but once inside the printer.......sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't depending on the strength of the white plastic bit.

Hope this helps.
    Attached Images Attached Images

thanks I am waiting for a new cartridge to come in I will try your suggestions again hopefully with better luck and I will double check the springs.