Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Unhappy HP M4345 with firmware above 48.181.8 can't print Documents from AS400 correctly

Customer is a bank and they are using Jack Henry software. According to HP there is nothing in the new version firmware that can cause issues with the print jobs. When the customer prints out certain documents it will either lock up the printer and/or the print job that comes out isn't correct as far as format of the page. The reason of needing to upgrade the firmware is because of a lock up when there is a failed fax job. Has anybody else have this kind of issues using an AS400 I-series and an HP product?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: HP M4345 with firmware above 48.181.8 can't print Documents from AS400 correctly

I am sorry. I have seen these things happen for various reasons. It might not understand the font, graphics, or a number of things. If firmware does not solve then it is on their end to resolve not yours. They can try and turn their doc into a pdf using a converter then print the job using pdf. Or even some other program. copy and paste it into word and try that. Printers use PJL. Printer Job Language. If one of those commands etc is sent from the as400 it doesnt understand then it will lock it up. Also see what driver they are using. chances are they are not using the right driver because they still think the hp4 driver works for everything. It doesn't! So see if they can load an updated driver, the one it is suppose to use if they can. Maybe a universal driver from HP. At least it's up to date. Make sure your firmware is up to date.
    Not much else to do. there is no magic to perform. All you have to do is prove the machine is working as it should and the rest is up to them, their IT to figure out.