Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

5si/8000 odd jam

Hey everyone, i have a stubborn 5si here. PIU is new, fuser is new and all other rollers are good too. this printer jams everytime in spot only right as it exits the printer.it peeks out of the face down assy. and then throws a code. i am thinking it might be the DC controller, or the sensor its self. i have yet to see an actual sensor fail. I have already checked to see if the flags are phyisically broke, and they are all moving freely with no issues. Ive scoured the pages of my service manual and cant find a sensor test to performs. do you guys knmow if one exists for this model? please help Thank you
    ~Randy

Service Manager 250+ Posts HP:guy's Avatar

Re: 5si/8000 odd jam

What code is in the display?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

How many pages are you printing? Try printing 1 page just from tray 1 (multi purpose tray) if no error then most likely not an output sensor.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Dust fuzzies on the sensor? I know, you said you checked them. But did you take off the top cover to do that? PIU could also be faulty? Even tho you said it has been replaced. Fuser flag messed up? Removing a fuser jam can mess up the flag. I would start right at the fuser.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    5si/8000 odd jam

My thought is if you know the fuser is good, check for debris in the paper path or worn 2nd pass roller. The paper might be delayed just enough to only trip the exit sensor. I am suggesting this only because I'm sure you've tried a new cartridge. If you haven't, go there first and then the PIU area.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

Technician

It turns out that the flag sensor shaft had broken in a spot that wasnt visable on the face down assy. when i moved the flag manualy, the fracture point had just enough drag to carry the flag through the sensor, it wasnt until i had moved the part of the flag at the sensor end that i noticed the other end wasnt moving. removed, reinforced and all is well now. thanks for all the sugestions.
    ~Randy