Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    HP Laserjet 4200 Fixing film keeps tearing for what looks like NO REASON... ugh

Re: HP Laserjet 4200 Fixing film keeps tearing for what looks like NO REASON... ugh

Quote Originally Posted by MR Bill View Post
    The upper film does not roll with bushing on each end. It just slids over the heating element and there are end caps I'll call them but not really bushings. The fuser film has been a big problem with therse HP 4200 machines. Make sure you you a lot of grease when replacing film. No way to tell how long the film will last. There is a company called Metro Fuser that has modefied the HP 4200 fuser and uses a solid fuser teflon roller in there rebuild. I have never used one yet but I think if I was you I'd give them a try.
    You know, I was thinking it was something along these lines. Was wondering I put enough grease with this. It actually stuck when I installed it and it heated up... THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOU FEEDBACK !!!!

Re: HP Laserjet 4200 Fixing film keeps tearing for what looks like NO REASON... ugh

Just as a side note Doug. My son worked for me rebuilding fusers in the shop and other parts of the copiers. 16 years old and could rebuild a copier for me. Got really good at it. Well he moved on and now lives in Springfield , Mo. He now fixes sowing machines. He goes to Tulsa , Ok . sometimes. Funny how things work out.

Anyway, The HP 4200 fusers were a real money maker for me. They riped the film all the time. I would really try one of the fusers with the solid teflon roller?

Good luck.

HP Laserjet 4200 Fixing film keeps tearing for what looks like NO REASON... ugh

Quote Originally Posted by MR Bill View Post
    Just as a side note Doug. My son worked for me rebuilding fusers in the shop and other parts of the copiers. 16 years old and could rebuild a copier for me. Got really good at it. Well he moved on and now lives in Springfield , Mo. He now fixes sowing machines. He goes to Tulsa , Ok . sometimes. Funny how things work out.

Anyway, The HP 4200 fusers were a real money maker for me. They riped the film all the time. I would really try one of the fusers with the solid teflon roller?

Good luck.
    Oh how cool, He's visiting a nice city. I really like Tulsa...