Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Ewerne

Exclamation HP CM1312MFP Fax Issues

I have a CM1312MFP that does not stay connected for faxing. At least once a day, a fax comes in, but the fax machine won't answer. At that same time, if I attempt to fax out, it shows "no answer". The only thing I can do is shut the CM1312MFP down and back on.

Can anybody help me?

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Re: HP CM1312MFP Fax Issues

Quote Originally Posted by Ewerne View Post
    I have a CM1312MFP that does not stay connected for faxing. At least once a day, a fax comes in, but the fax machine won't answer. At that same time, if I attempt to fax out, it shows "no answer". The only thing I can do is shut the CM1312MFP down and back on.

Can anybody help me?
    If you have a cheap telephone you can plug into the fax line, you should do that and listen for excess noise on the fax line. That's what it sounds like to me.
    Beyond that, you might need to replace the fax option on the formatter. Still, I'd make sure there isn't excess noise on the fax line first.
    There's a tiny chance the other fax machine is an older, cheaper type, and is incapable of communicating properly with a machine as new as yours correctly and causes your machine to fail. If time permits, you might want to check that out before you replace any parts.
    Last edited by Iowatech; 08-19-2013 at 01:41 AM. Reason: Grr! There's no "I" in the word "OF"!