Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Tiny dots all over the paper - hp 8000dn

Hi all. So i have this question wich i know it sounds really simple, but i can't figure out the answer. Hope some of you guys will help me with that. So i have this hp laserjet 8000dn wich prints these really tiny black dots all over the paper. I'm sure it's a cartridge problem, my guess is that the developer roller is causing this issue, but i need to know your input on this. The cartridge was rebuild, i'm sure the toner is ok. Your thoughts on this?

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Tiny dots all over the paper - hp 8000dn

Lightbulb Re: Tiny dots all over the paper - hp 8000dn

This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

Service Manager 250+ Posts HP:guy's Avatar

Re: Tiny dots all over the paper - hp 8000dn

it's most likely the drum unit but, check the transfer roller and paper quality.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Wild Bill's Avatar

The toner cartridge is an all in one unit (drum mag and toner) so replace it....Were you thinking of reusing the toner?
    You should do a stop test' Stop print before fuser to make sure its not the fuser.
    Izzy

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Usually on these HPs if you get sprinkles of toner on the page I most often find the the recovery blade is warped or worn from damage. The recovery blade is located near the wiper blade and drum. Waste toner will come out in sprinkles a lot of times. Only the good remanufactures will make sure the recovery blade is good and replace when necessary.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I doubt it to be the residual toner that is causing this issue because the compartment for it was empty when the cartridge was installed. I need to know if it's the drum or mag roller. The PCR looked good.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by savi0r View Post
    I doubt it to be the residual toner that is causing this issue because the compartment for it was empty when the cartridge was installed. I need to know if it's the drum or mag roller. The PCR looked good.
    Pcr could make the black dots but they would not be random. The dots would repeat about 1.5 inches more or less. I have never seen an HP mag roller do this as it causes different type of defects. Guess it is possible the mag roller sealing blade is damaged causing some leakage.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

The mag roller was the problem. It had all kind of stains on it, scratches,etc. Thank you all for the advice.